Author Topic: Scotland's People RCE Record Problem (Divorce)  (Read 575 times)

Offline scoutharley87

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Scotland's People RCE Record Problem (Divorce)
« on: Saturday 25 June 16 20:39 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I am currently researching my Dad's side of the family. He was born in 1950 to unmarried parents, both of whom had been previously married to other people. I know they were both divorced because I have seen the record of their marriages and both have the 'Divorce' stamp on the left hand side.

I have seen the RCE record which gives the details of his father's divorce. The problem is, when I click the link to show the RCE record for his mother's divorce it only links to the divorce record for a couple who were married on the same day, in the same place as his mother and her first husband, and also subsequently divorced.

It would be really helpful to know when his mother divorced her first husband as there is a little speculation within the family over who fathered my dad's older brother.

I'm not sure if this is a glitch with the Scotland's People website or if there is a reason I cannot view the record I'm looking for. I don't think there will be anything I can do about it but I jut wondered if someone here had any ideas? Or is there somewhere else I may be able to find the date of the divorce?

Many thanks in advance.

Offline GR2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland's People RCE Record Problem (Divorce)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 June 16 20:47 BST (UK) »
If you just want to check the year, you can go to the online catalogue of the National Records of Scotland and enter the name and spread of years in the search boxes. That will give you the year and reference to the court papers.

Offline scoutharley87

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 June 16 20:55 BST (UK) »
Brilliant GR2! I can't believe I didn't know you could do this. I was searching the NRS website for info on the RCE too.

Anyway, they divorced in 1954. Thanks again.

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 June 16 21:50 BST (UK) »
Report it to SP as an indexing issue and they will send you the image