Author Topic: Henning baptisms - is father a serjeant in 51st Foot?  (Read 906 times)

Offline Irene B

• RootsChat Senior
  • My family tree is full of nuts
    • View Profile
Henning baptisms - is father a serjeant in 51st Foot?
« on: Saturday 16 July 16 10:26 BST (UK) »
I found two baptism transcriptions on Findmypast for children of William and Jane Henning.  I wonder if someone could check the parish records to see if there is any reference to the father's occupation.

George Henning baptised Romsey 27 Aug 1815  buried Romsey 18 March 1817
James Henning baptised Romsey 3 April 1814 buried Romsey 21 April 1820

I am looking for William Nicholas Henning a Serjeant of the 51st Foot who maried Jane Fossick in Burneston, Yorkshire while he was quartered at Northallerton.  They had a son Thomas Henning baptised at Burneston on 2 Feb 1807, he appears on 1841 and later census returns but I have found no further record of his parents apart from William Henning on the medal roll for Battle of Corunna.
Main, Rossiter, - Northumberland<br />Wibberley, Walwyn, Cadman, - Staffordshire<br />Saiger, Blackburn  - County Durham<br />

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: Henning baptisms - is father a serjeant in 51st Foot?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 July 16 12:43 BST (UK) »
Both boys are certainly the sons of William and Jane,but there are no images only transcriptions so no more info can be gained from that source.

Hopefully someone will come along with access to parish baptisms or burials!
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Phil Goater

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Harry & Floss
    • View Profile
Re: Henning baptisms - is father a serjeant in 51st Foot?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 September 18 20:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Irene,
Sorry I can’t help you with your enquiry. I have two (at present) separate roots involving Hennings in Hampshire with William Henning b. Fordingbridge 1798 profession waiter and Henry Henning b. Lymington 1757 profession clock and watchmaker (father Francis) as far as I’ve got. William’s son William was a butcher. Their were a lot of Hennings in Hampshire and it would be interesting to know a common root. A DNA connection might prove a connection to either or both of my Henning roots!
All the best with your enquiry!
Phil
Goater, Smith, Henning, Scarlett, Lucas, Abraham, Langdale, Parker, Read, Curtis, Arm, Franklin, Bryant, Hart, Earl, White, Welch, Howard, Bateman, Hutchinson, Hunter, Lawes, Rogers, Brixey......