Author Topic: MANITOBA- Antonio McCarthy Burial  (Read 504 times)

Offline ammma

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MANITOBA- Antonio McCarthy Burial
« on: Sunday 24 July 16 02:53 BST (UK) »
When he died and where he was buried is what I wish to know.  Antonio McCarthy was  born Sep 1921 in La Broquerie, Manitoba.  Served with Queens Own Cameron Highlanders in World War 2.  Married 1943.  Loved alcohol too much.  Most of adult life spent in St. Boniface, Manitoba.  Death about 1970.  Thank you.

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: MANITOBA- Antonio McCarthy Burial
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 July 16 16:20 BST (UK) »

Hi,

This might help a little bit, there is an entry in the Canada, Voters Lists, 1935-1980,

Saint Boniface, Manitoba, Canada
Avenue Regent Avenue West
16-233
Antonio McCARTHY
Janitor

Narrowing the date down slightly :-\

Regards,
Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: MANITOBA- Antonio McCarthy Burial
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 July 16 18:46 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Obituary in the Winnipeg Free Press, June 10 1988 page 37.

Antonio J McCarthy, aged 66, died at Princess Elizabeth Hospital on June 9 1988.  He leaves a son R, daughter L.  4 grandchildren.  2 brothers E (wife R) McCarthy and F (wife L) McCarthy.  One sister H (husband H) Gregoire, all of St Boniface.  Sisters in law Mrs S McCarthy and Mrs J McCarthy.  Numerous nieces and nephews. 

I didn't post full names, to protect the privacy of living people.  You had asked for a death date... perhaps you already know the names of the relatives?  If not, I can PM you the names.

As for place of burial.. the Mass of the Resurrection was held on June 11, 1988 at the Holy Family Church, 778 Archibald Street.  Cremation to follow. 

RK