Author Topic: Army records  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Marksmurff

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Army records
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 August 16 17:21 BST (UK) »
Sorry at work at time I have his medal card details any way thanks lads for the help

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 August 16 23:18 BST (UK) »
You have told us so little of what you already know,and showed us nothing of the documents you want us to help you with. I am not sure how we can help you further.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline millymcb

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 11 August 16 23:44 BST (UK) »
Hi markamurff. Welcome to Rootschat.  :)

I have  moved your query to the main Armed Forces Board.

Going back to your original question... St Kevin's could be where he was born, or baptised, or even just where he grew up. It would be where he believed he was born and what he told the recruitment officer.

I will leave this in Armed Forces for now in case you have any further Army questions about him - but as aghadowey points out - you may be better asking people on the Dublin board for help.

Also follow up aghadowey's baptism suggestions.

Do let us know if you make any progress.

Milly

McBride (Monaghan, Manchester), Derbyshire (Bollington,Cheshire), Knight (Newcastle,Staffs), Smith (Chorley, Lancs & Ireland), Tipladay (Manchester & Yorkshire) ,Steadman (Madeley,Shropshire), Steele (Manchester,Glasgow), Parkinson (Wigan, Lancashire), Lovatt, Cornes & Turner (Staffs) Stott (Oldham, Lancs). All ended up Ardwick, Manchester
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Marksmurff

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 12 August 16 07:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the help I'll dig out the papers on the weekend I was hoping some one would no but if I put the paper work up may be some my no but thanks for all your help I'm waiting for the rest of his records to come to me I'm hoping it with have his date of birth as I can then rule out some of the other willam murphy I have found