Author Topic: Look up request for 1919 burial (Guisborough Reg)  (Read 1340 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look up request for 1919 burial (Guisborough Reg)
« on: Saturday 27 August 16 12:11 BST (UK) »
I am looking for burial or any death notice information for a maternal bloodline ancestor.  Lucy Parkinson's death was registered in the Guisborough registration district in the June quarter of 1919.   She was the widow of John Parkinson.  Before marriage to him she was the widow of my ancestor Thomas Simpson and her maiden name had been Gamesby.   
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline robo196

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Look up request for 1919 burial (Guisborough Reg)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 August 16 18:02 BST (UK) »
birth year 1838 volume 9d page 564 she was 81 looked on teesvalley indexes no record there but they have not all been put online you might have to contact guisborough register office for the details

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 August 16 19:17 BST (UK) »
Redcar & Cleveland Council are working with DeceasedOnline to transcribe their registers, she's not listed so may be in a churchyard.

http://www.redcar-cleveland.gov.uk/rcbcweb.nsf/web+full+list/8625ca96d73433c680256ee600461393
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline dawnkaren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 August 16 17:41 BST (UK) »

Name:
Lucy Gamesby

Marriage Date:
30 Oct 1860

Marriage Place:
Danby In Cleveland,York,England

Spouse:
 Thomas Simpson 

Offline dawnkaren

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 28 August 16 18:08 BST (UK) »
I can follow lucy john and son ralph until 1901 in coxhoe co durham, if you are sure that the one you have in guisbro is yours then I suggest that you buy the death cert and then check for a will to see if that gives any hints

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 May 22 09:17 BST (UK) »
It has been a while but I am now catching up this one and having another try. 

The info from the death cert for my Great x 2 Grandmother Lucy Parkinson records that she died on 3 May 1919 at  3 (Tyreman/Lyreman/Lyneman?) Street, Lingdale.  Widow of John Parkinson - Coalminer.  (He was her second husband; first husband was my 2nd Grt Grandfather Thomas Simpson). Informant was 'Hannah Ditchburn - Niece in attendance' of 56 Dixon Street, Lingdale.  Cause of death was 'Senile Decay'.

Now the death date is known I wonder if there might be an old local death notice which might record the place of burial?  I am not familiar with this area so any help would be most appreciated.  Thank you.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 24 May 22 10:20 BST (UK) »
really bad scan but squinting at the black blobs I can make this out

Daily Gazette for Middlesborough 5 May 1919, page 3, col 6
PARKINSON - On 3rd May of 8 Tyreman-street, Lingdale. Lucy, relict of the late John Parkinson.
Interment  (???) Boosbeck (????) Churchyard, Tuesday cortege leaving residence 3.15. Kindly accept this (the only) intimation.

I am not familiar with the area either so if someone more local could say if Boosbeck churchyard sounds right that would help.

I looked on Google Maps and there is a church in a place called Boosbeck -St Aidan's which on the satellite image has a quite large churchyard with a good few headstones.
EDIT having firkled I now know that the Boosbeck civil cemetery (opened in 1931) is adjacent to St Aidan, so its not a large churchyard, its a smaller churchyard with a civil cemetery next to it.

This map shows that St Aidan Boosbeck is very near Lingdale
https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side-by-side/#zoom=15.479999999999983&lat=54.53978&lon=-0.97116&layers=6&right=osm

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 24 May 22 10:40 BST (UK) »
Oh!  Thank you so much for this Boo! Your help much appreciated! :D  As is help from others who have contributed.

I would like to add her on Find A Grave and attach her to her daughter My Great Grandmother Eliza Ann McKettrick (various spellings formerly (Davis/Davies) nee Simpson.  Eliza died 26 June 1946 and was buried in Boosbeck Cemetery; I have already added Eliza to FAG.
It sounds like Lucy is buried in a Churchyard.  I wonder if someone might be able to confirm this as St Aidan as you have mentioned? 

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 24 May 22 11:01 BST (UK) »
About time I helped you - after all the help you have given over the years :-)

I think I'd send an enquiry to the Teesside Archives. They don't have an online catalogue but their holdings are searchable on the National Archives site.

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/N14391782

Boo