Author Topic: Help Trace My Grandmother Bridget Mary Roche  (Read 15169 times)

Offline geraldine96

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help Trace My Grandmother Bridget Mary Roche
« Reply #90 on: Friday 20 January 17 05:57 GMT (UK) »
thanks wexflyer; I like the comment about not being recorded at all! That answers another of my questions about the census. Sometimes you just can't find records of the people you are looking for...

Offline martin1963

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help Trace My Grandmother Bridget Mary Roche
« Reply #91 on: Thursday 25 January 24 20:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi geraldine96 , martin1963 here you are looking for your grandmothers roots Bridget Mary Roche she is definitely a daughter of Arthur Roche and Bridget Roche nee (Roche) Bridget  had 7 siblings . Bridget was baptised on the 07th of March 1887, of Manning, Glanworth East Co Cork. She and 6 of her siblings emergrated. Their names were Michael, Arthur,William,Margaret,John,Edmond and  Julia. Michael stayed at home. Arthur sen died 1907 and his wife died 1903. Ther are still grandchildren of Michael still living in Ireland and one over in England. There was still an Arthur Roche here unti 2012 until he passed away. Arthur sen was a 2nd great great uncle of mine. His sister Margaret was my 2nd great grand mother married Maurice Flanagan. There was also an Arthur Roche married down in Co Waterford married to Bridget Browne, he was from Shanballymore, no doubt the same Roches. He was employed as a creamery manger.he moved to