Author Topic: George Hood 1815 Selby Marriage - James Cookin / James Cook in W  (Read 162092 times)

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: George Hood 1815 Selby Marriage - James Cookin / James Cook in W
« Reply #207 on: Saturday 25 February 17 01:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Have sent some examples on to you. There are lots of Wills on there. I've tried to pick the ones you may make out ~ a couple with what look like birds, a deer, a head, allsorts. The only one that seems to re occur quite frequently looks like a criss-cross sort of design ( one of those included ). I haven't come across one with lettering either, well not that I can see.

From a manufacturers Will to a labourers Will ~ they are different.

claire
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: Saturday 25 February 17 09:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Claire

Thanks.

The Eccles Seal is the same as the four seals on the Staddlethorpe and Clementhorpe Deed.

I can see two birds in that Seal of Leake. Different birds to Hood's.

Regards Mark

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: Saturday 25 February 17 21:53 GMT (UK) »
If George Hood was formerly a member of, or related to the Coo family and the same Coo as the one found.

EDITED
It seems Coo's Rights to use the Common Land, might have been lost by a Private Bill to Parliament.
Its not printed (probably handwritten, before I had to apply for p/copy).

Educated young man, looking for a new start, with enough money to buy Gibson's business, perhaps.

There is this delay of just over 2 months between George Hood's 16 May 1815 Marriage Allegation and Bond and his 18 July 1815 Wedding, as though the wedding was on hold. Most got married quite soon after.
Regards Mark

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: Sunday 26 February 17 12:15 GMT (UK) »
If George Hood was formerly a member of, or related to the Coo family and the same Coo as the one found.

EDITED
It seems Coo's Rights to use the Common Land, might have been lost by a Private Bill to Parliament.
Its not printed (probably handwritten, before I had to apply for p/copy).

Educated young man, looking for a new start, with enough money to buy Gibson's business, perhaps.

There is this delay of just over 2 months between George Hood's 16 May 1815 Marriage Allegation and Bond and his 18 July 1815 Wedding, as though the wedding was on hold. Most got married quite soon after.
Regards Mark

Unquote

Why was there no baptisms of any siblings, say in 7 years before and after George Good 1786 Gateshead of father John Hood, it could be said father John died just after 1786 (including 9 month from conception time of George 1785) but John Hood's death would not explain no baptisms before 1786. WHY. (reason John Hood innkeeper moving about inns/pubs in different parts of country or John Hood the mariner & wife living in different ports over the years or both John's are one man with duel occupations that's not uncommon today with trawler men)

We have an idea John Hood buried 1819 Selby was more or less of low wealth being by the absence of finance records of wealth on him in Selby unless there are some Hood documents of John in earlier life in Scarborough on this later life John Hood of Selby born 1737/8 by estimated from death age 1819
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: Sunday 26 February 17 12:57 GMT (UK) »

Apologies if this has been looked into but what about Alehouse Licences for John Hood ? Some areas have them online, shame the Gateshead/Newcastle area isn't included

claire

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: Sunday 26 February 17 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Claire,

Can you find a burial of a Mrs Hood around Gateshead area 1786 to 1789 or a John Hood
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: Sunday 26 February 17 15:30 GMT (UK) »

None in Gateshead, Newcastle, South/North Shields, except a baby Isabella in Newcastle All Saints ( think her father was a John Hood from memory)

Quite a lot in Hartlepool, but seem a few Hood families there too

claire

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: Sunday 26 February 17 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks

Land tax records for John Hood in Selby 1803 (Year Mrs Jane Hood died) and 1818 as abode year before John Hood died 1819 Selby
~~~~~~~~----------------------
Mr Jane Hood nee ???? ~ Scenario a widow married surname ???? with a son (or grandson) George born 1785/7 at marriage to John Hood or Single woman Jane ???? with an illegitimate son George born 1785/7 married John Hood

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: Sunday 26 February 17 19:46 GMT (UK) »

Can only see three marriages on one site

John HOOD to Jane SHARP 25 Dec 1793 St Peters Derby

John HOOD to Jane CORBETT 27 March 1797 Colchester.

And the John and Jane in Scalby which we touched upon the other week.