Author Topic: Doyle of Taghmon  (Read 3709 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Doyle of Taghmon
« Reply #18 on: Friday 16 December 16 09:16 GMT (UK) »
There was a sister in the society of St. Joseph from Wexford - strangely enough named DOYLE whose name in religion was Sr. Mary Stanislaus - I wonder if there was a connection?
She died in Tasmania in 1946
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline BarbaraLL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 16 December 16 12:13 GMT (UK) »
I agree the name is Stanislau and I have since discovered that it is a Saint's name.
Frankland of Yorkshire
Doyle of Wexford, Ireland & Wirral
Galliford of Yorkshire & Devon
Shaw of Birkenhead
Evans of Macclesfield
Goodacre of Cheshire

Offline Shrimpton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 19 December 16 08:15 GMT (UK) »
Wondering if there are links with your Doyle and my ancestors from Taghmon area. John Furlong married a Margaret Doyle (although our family records, about 60 years later, name her on a child's death certificate as Catherine). Their child was named Peter born in 1835. Peter seems to be fairly uncommon and it is reappearing in your Doyle line. Just wondering if you can make any connections?

Offline BarbaraLL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 19 December 16 12:24 GMT (UK) »
Sorry but I cannot make any connection as yet as I am still trying to find records.
Frankland of Yorkshire
Doyle of Wexford, Ireland & Wirral
Galliford of Yorkshire & Devon
Shaw of Birkenhead
Evans of Macclesfield
Goodacre of Cheshire

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 09 January 17 07:22 GMT (UK) »
One of the sections of the Wexford Men's Confraternity, founded in 1868, was named for St. Stanislaus. I would suggest that that is the source of the name.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area