Author Topic: ABC TV series: Hatch, Match And Dispatch  (Read 657 times)

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
ABC TV series: Hatch, Match And Dispatch
« on: Wednesday 15 February 17 06:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,
Posting this as family history buffs may be interested in watching ABC TV series Hatch, Match And Dispatch currently showing on ABC. Can catch up with episodes on http://www.iview.abc.net.au
Cheers  :)
CoL

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/hatch-match-and-dispatch/
Hatch, Match & Dispatch steps inside the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (BDM), for an intimate look at the milestones that unite us all.
The Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages (BDM) is the place where the most momentous events of our lives happen. We go there when the stakes are highest and when we’re at our most joyful and vulnerable. Emotions run high and the recurring theme that unites everyone in the building is love. Landmark events unfold every day: young lovers get hitched on a budget; marriage parties roll in and out like clockwork, and intimate personal moments get thrown around like confetti. And then there's death...
Witness firsthand funny, romantic, emotional and sometimes unhinged moments, following stories to maternity wards and hospitals, family homes, funeral parlours, cemeteries, and beyond.
Hatch, Match & Dispatch brings us stories of life, love and loss.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: ABC TV series: Hatch, Match And Dispatch
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 06:45 GMT (UK) »
I saw the series that was broadcast last year and it was very interesting. Is it a new series being broadcast now?

One episode showed one of the NSW BMD transcription agents working with someone trying to find info.  I shouted at the screen that they should just use Rootschat and the info would have been found very quickly, but they didn't listen..... ;)

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 08:17 GMT (UK) »
That sounds interesting. Thanks for letting us know CoL.

Added: A few things have cropped up recently CoL but I have not forgotten your lookup.  ;)

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 08:34 GMT (UK) »
I saw the series that was broadcast last year and it was very interesting. Is it a new series being broadcast now?

One episode showed one of the NSW BMD transcription agents working with someone trying to find info.  I shouted at the screen that they should just use Rootschat and the info would have been found very quickly, but they didn't listen..... ;)

Judith

This is "Series 1" so must be a repeat, I had not see it before so must have missed it when it was shown last year.

Perfectly ok Ruskie, things do crop up. Thanks for keeping it on your to do list the next time you are there.

Cheers :)
CoL

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Judith, you are not the only one who finds that the TV doesn't listen.   I think it is worse though when I talk to the puter screen during some RChat threads, and it takes a moment or so, or sometimes far far longer,  for the RChatter's light to turn on.   

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.