Author Topic: HOLBOROW Lookup in Siston PRs - BRISTOL ARCHIVES  (Read 513 times)

Offline AshkeJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • My mother's father - Ellis Howard Adams
    • View Profile
HOLBOROW Lookup in Siston PRs - BRISTOL ARCHIVES
« on: Friday 24 February 17 13:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

I was wondering if I could please request a lookup from the Siston parish registers directly at the Glos Bristol Archives? (For some reason neither Siston nor Tormarton are covered by the collection online at Ancestry.)

I am interested in mentions of the HOLBOROW/HOLBROW/HULBRO/HALBROW/etc family there. I believe a William Holborow was baptised there in 1742, along with his siblings Martha (1744), Daniel (1747) and Joseph (1750), all children of William and Elizabeth. I was wondering if there are any additional comments about the family (occupation, place of residence) or any additional branches of the family that may have been baptised, married or buried there.

Many thanks in advance.

Edit: Location amended!
Holborow/Hurcombe/Halliday - Glos/Wilts
Palmer/Fisher - Collingbournes, Wiltshire
Murray - West Lulworth, Dorset

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HOLBOROW Lookup in Siston PRs
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 February 17 14:36 GMT (UK) »
According to Genuki : Siston & Tormarton records are kept at the Bristol Records Office, not Gloucestershire Records Office.

Offline AshkeJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • My mother's father - Ellis Howard Adams
    • View Profile
Re: HOLBOROW Lookup in Siston PRs - BRISTOL ARCHIVES
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 February 17 15:14 GMT (UK) »
According to Genuki : Siston & Tormarton records are kept at the Bristol Records Office, not Gloucestershire Records Office.

::) That would explain it why they aren't included in the Gloucestershire PRs on Ancestry! I hadn't even thought about checking Genuki! Thank you  :)
Holborow/Hurcombe/Halliday - Glos/Wilts
Palmer/Fisher - Collingbournes, Wiltshire
Murray - West Lulworth, Dorset