Author Topic: Looking for "Albert Scott"  (Read 609 times)

Offline Lauren1111

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for "Albert Scott"
« on: Friday 17 March 17 13:14 GMT (UK) »
Dear members,

I'm looking for the relatives of Mr. Albert Scott born December 25th 1926 in Ballymena, Northern Ireland - August 27th, 1996 in Coleraine, Northern Ireland.

His mother was Agnes Scott (born around 1907) - his father remains unknown (he was an out of wedlock child).

He married an Anne Brown in 1949 & he was Presbyterian.

I haven't been able to find out the cemetery he's at nor any other information about his children.

I'm new to looking for living people - I appreciate every little hint!

Thank you!

Online Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for "Albert Scott"
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 March 17 13:26 GMT (UK) »
We don’t give out information on living people on this website, for privacy reasons, so there’s a limit to what we can tell you about children etc.

However I would check with PRONI in Belfast to see if Albert left a will, as that is likely to give details of his family. A 1996 will isn’t on-line. You need to go to PRONI in person and look up the will calendars. If you don’t find a will listed in 1996, check a few years afterwards as sometimes it takes a year or two for probate to be granted and the calendars are indexed under date of probate grant, not date of death.

You might also get a copy of Albert’s death certificate. The informant may have been a relative.

Neither the 1996 death certificate, the 1949 marriage nor certificates for any children born to that marriage are available on-line. You either have to contact GRONI and ask them to search (for which there may be a fee) or if you can get to PRONI, there are terminals there where you can search for the events. It costs £2.50 to view each certificate. (To search for children, you should enter the husband and wife’s surnames and leave the child’s forename blank. The search should then bring up any children with parents of those surnames).
Elwyn

Offline Lauren1111

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 March 17 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much!

I've tried with PRONI and GRONI - they unfortunately only let you view birth certificates that are a 100 years ago - and also death certificates only pop up if the deceased has been dead for over 50 years.

I unfortunately don't live in Great-Britain which makes it hard going to the general register office myself.

I will try everything you suggested though - thank you!

Online Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 March 17 15:34 GMT (UK) »
The more recent GRONI records are available to the public, just not on-line. (The cut off is 100 years for births, 75 for marriages and 50 for deaths).  So you'll probably need to get researcher to look them up for you. Likewise for the will.
Elwyn