Author Topic: Hanley - William and Penelope Savage  (Read 1082 times)

Offline tobyjug

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hanley - William and Penelope Savage
« on: Thursday 30 March 17 21:09 BST (UK) »
I would be delighted to receive any information about William or Penelope Savage living in Hanbury around 1716.  They had a daughter Penelope born in Hanbury 1716 and I'm hoping there may be other children in parish records or on gravestones. Thank you to anyone taking the trouble to do a look up.
Bennett/Slack in Cumberland (Cockermouth, Wythop,Penrith areas); Miller, Redgate and Young in Lancashire (West Derby, Everton, Chorlton on Medlock)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Hanley - William and Penelope Savage
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 March 17 06:34 BST (UK) »
May be just a coincidence but not in Worcs;

WILLIAM Savage, Baptism Date:14 Dec 1714, St Bride Fleet St, London,London
Father: WILLIAM Savage   
Mother: PENELOPE
(Anc.)

I presume Penelope Jnr married Gyles TURBERVILL 20 July 1734 Cathedral, Worcester
(FreeREG)
And they Baptised Pershore, Worcs;
GILES 16 May 1742
PENNELOPE 27 May 1744
ESTHER 12 Feb 1745/46   
ELIZABETH 26 Oct 1749   
ROBERT SAVAGE 31 Aug 1753 (died 29 Aug 1768)
+ 1st 2 Children St Nicholas, Alcester, Warwickshire;
ANN 24 April 1735
GILES 2 Feb 1736/37 (must have died before 1742)
(FreeREG)

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 March 17 12:58 BST (UK) »
Hi
There's a marriage bond at Hanbury for Catherine Savage to William Carter 22.4.1728.
One of the signatures is William Savage.
It's in Latin but the transcript gives her as 25 years old and William Carter 34.

Sorry wrong Hanbury- I had Staffordshire

Had a look on FindMyPast and no Savages in Hanbury at all.I can't even see Penelope in 1716 .
It's a transcript so can't see if it was spelt incorrectly but no Penelope anything .Sure you have the right parish? Right county?You have put Hanley  at the top.

Ciderdrinker

Offline tobyjug

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 31 March 17 21:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you Trish1120 and Ciderdrinker.  I had most of that information but it's helped to clarify parts.  I'm right about Hanley - don't know why I wrote Hanbury in the body of text- late night !!!  The family lived in and around Pershore, Alcester and Hanley.
Bennett/Slack in Cumberland (Cockermouth, Wythop,Penrith areas); Miller, Redgate and Young in Lancashire (West Derby, Everton, Chorlton on Medlock)

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 April 17 10:52 BST (UK) »
Hello
Ok so back to Hanley. You may want to try national archives discovery for William Savage of Hanley.It brings up various documents for the Hanely Court Estate which seems to be in the Savage family.
Principal documents seem to be for a Walter Savage but there is mention of a William.Strangely they are held at Birmingham Library and Archives.

Their Wills seem to be at the PCC court and therefore you can browse them on Ancestry.No Will for William I'm afraid but it looks like they were the bigwigs of the area and spent some time in London so that brother for Penelope, William in London looks good.
It looks like William may have left a Admin at Upton in Severn  15.1.1727 and that is at the Hive in Worcester.

Sorry but that's all I can see

Ciderdrinker

Offline tobyjug

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 April 17 22:21 BST (UK) »
Many thanks.  I'll follow these up.