Author Topic: Worcester Archives Look Up - Wills - Foster, Kineton  (Read 1037 times)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
Worcester Archives Look Up - Wills - Foster, Kineton
« on: Saturday 08 April 17 12:49 BST (UK) »
Hello All,

I am wondering if anyone is visiting the Worcestershire Archives in the near future and might have time to check the Consistory Court of Worcester Wills for a few of my relatives?

Benjamin Foster (buried 29 Oct 1791 Kineton, Warwickshire)
William Foster (buried 6 Sept 1824 in Kineton, Warwickshire)
Susannah Foster (nee Stiles) - William's wife - (buried 1 Mar 1827 Kineton, Warwickshire)

I am trying to confirm a link to this family and would be very appreciative of a look up of the index. I am happy to order and pay for copies of the wills, if they exist.

I would also be most grateful to know of any other Foster's or Styles/Stiles who show up in the wills index for Kineton or the towns in the surrounding area.

I have already obtained a copy of the will for Katherine Foster (buried 1765 Hampton Lucy, Warwickshire) from the Greenbank Wills Index on the website. She was Benjamin's mother. 

Thank you so much in advance :)

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline ScobieDrom

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Worcester Archives Look Up - Wills - Foster, Kineton
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 April 17 17:56 BST (UK) »
Would Wills for Kineton, Warwickshire be held at Worcester or would Warwick be more appropriate?

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 April 17 00:24 BST (UK) »
Hey ScobieDrom,

According to this list the Consitory Court of Worcester is where they are held...

https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Warwickshire_Probate_Jurisdictions_for_Parishes_Beginning_with_D_through_L

I must admit it is very confusing, as nearby towns are under the Lichfield. Lichfield has an online index and I have already checked there just in case. I was lucky that one of the wills I was after was for some reason pulled out into the Greenbank Wills (also held at Worcestershire Archives) and they have an online index to it.

Researching from afar is a challenge sometimes... ::)

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 April 17 01:03 BST (UK) »
I have contacted the Worcestershire Archive and Archaeology Service and paid for them to look up the indexes for me....so all sorted  ;)