Author Topic: Vontournhondt  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Keziah2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Vontournhondt
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 18 January 20 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jaclyn

Welcome to Rootschat - I see this is your first post. 

I would like to send you a Personal Message but you need to have made at least 3 posts before I can do that - can you conjur up a couple more - reply to this + one other.

Although I am not connected to the family in anyway I was very curious about the brothers & found out quite a lot for an article I wrote in our parish newsletter.

K

Offline Jaclyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 18 January 20 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Gosh thanks for responding. I can tell you there older sister Edith was in Domestic Service before meeting a Scottish man called John Reid who I believe was on National Service then whisked her back to Scotland where they married on the 19th March . She was 22 years old at this time. She was in contact with her older brother but never mentioned her two younger brothers.

Offline Jaclyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 18 January 20 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Edith went on to have 2 daughters and 2 sons. The daughters were Greta, Mary and the sons were Tom and John. The only record I have of the parents is the marriage certificate between Oscar Vantournhoudt 39 years and Mary Elizabeth Gething 28 years. The father of Oscar was Joseph Ignatius Vantournhoudt a mariner and Mary's father was William Gething a Collier they were married on 9th December 1899 in Cardiff. I have found records for the three boys in the 1911 census and the two younger brothers went to one industrial school and Oscar went to a different Industrial school in Somerset. As for Edith, I can find no record of her in the 1911 census or any record as to how she and her brothers became Orphans. Any information would be gratefully received best wishes

Offline Keziah2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 18 January 20 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Well done - a PM winging its way to you hopefully.

K