Author Topic: Hambridge walker and Thompson canal people.  (Read 20968 times)

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
Re: Hambridge walker and Thompson canal people.
« Reply #108 on: Saturday 16 March 19 20:12 GMT (UK) »
PaulineJ has given you this information in her post above. She was Elizabeth Wheeler. Joseph Ladds married Elizabeth in Banbury in 1854. Mary Jane was born in Grantham in 1862.
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Saturday 16 March 19 20:20 GMT (UK) »
PaulineJ has given you this information in her post above. She was Elizabeth Wheeler. Joseph Ladds married Elizabeth in Banbury in 1854. Mary Jane was born in Grantham in 1862.
I didn't see the name Elizabeth which was what I asked for but thank you

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Friday 12 April 19 16:02 BST (UK) »
Can someone please help me out with this topic that I would like to crack. I put snap shots of my family tree of my grandfather Joseph Samuel hambridge born 20/4/15  he married my nan Hannah walker in Brentford Middlesex. My grandfather was born in wharf branston a longside with he's older brother William hambridge 18/12/13 who was born in wharf branston my grandad had other siblings Evelyn hambridge born 2/3/07  olive rose below born hambridge 21/2/18 Wilfred hambridge 24/1/20. But anyway my great grandfather William hambridge was born 1883-1964 and my great grandmother Sarah Ann Thompson 1886 -1947 my great great grandfather Thomas hambridge born 1855 and Emma walker born 1862 and her dad name was John walker and he's wife name was Sarah walker born jellyman.

Now I put my family tree up on Facebook national waterways museum. And someone told me I'm related to David Hambridge who lived on a double decker bus on Barlows Braunston Yard. Which does make sense in away as my grandad Joseph Samuel hambridge was born in whafe braunston but I would like to know if there is at all relation between me and this guy call David hambridge apparently he is related to James born 1804 and he's wife was Elizabeth lines 1805 so I would love to know if there is at all a connections to the all of the families above

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Friday 12 April 19 16:10 BST (UK) »
William Hambridge  Marriage   Sarah Ann Thompson
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
Apr-May-Jun   1910  Vol 6D Page   676

There is a family tree which I have not viewed.
https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/person/tree/154568452/person/422040435338

Since you have been told "David Hambridge lived on a double-decker bus" we may assume that he's fairly recently (last 50 years?) been alive, but there's NO WAY we can make any links out of what you've repeated about the family.

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Friday 12 April 19 16:19 BST (UK) »
Hi again, a possible David aged 12 b BRANSTON is with siblings and parents Thomas Hambridge 37 occ Boatman and wife Eliza on Canal Boat Boon's Yard
RG13/2902/115/32?
He could be the David AMBRIDGE June qtr 1889 Daventry for which I cannot locate on GRO Index?
David Hambridge b 1889 died Sept qtr 1964 Rugby aged 75 he was baptised 15th September 1889 Braunston ( No image available )
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Saturday 13 April 19 21:27 BST (UK) »
Hi again, a possible David aged 12 b BRANSTON is with siblings and parents Thomas Hambridge 37 occ Boatman and wife Eliza on Canal Boat Boon's Yard
RG13/2902/115/32?
He could be the David AMBRIDGE June qtr 1889 Daventry for which I cannot locate on GRO Index?
David Hambridge b 1889 died Sept qtr 1964 Rugby aged 75 he was baptised 15th September 1889 Braunston ( No image available )
Keyboard86

Kirsty are you verifying all the results/census we have supplied?
David 1889 was the son of Thomas who married an Eliza Coles, his father from census was William who in turn had a father James who married an Elizabeth Verey Dec qtr 1847 Woodstock?
This I am certain is old information?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Saturday 13 April 19 21:55 BST (UK) »
RG13/2902/115/32?
Keyboard86

Kirsty are you verifying all the results/census we have supplied?
David 1889 was the son of Thomas who married an Eliza Coles, his father from census was William who in turn had a father James who married an Elizabeth Verey Dec qtr 1847 Woodstock?
This I am certain is old information?
Keyboard86
yes but this is what I'm trying to work out could this David hambridge be I. E a cousin or uncle to my great great grand father Thomas hambridge born Banbury in 1855 and died 1923 he married my great great grandmother Emma walker born in Banbury in 1862 and I don't no when she died but what I do no is she married my great great grandfather in 1882.  I'm just trying to work out how David hambridge could be related to my great great grandfather Thomas hambridge

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Monday 27 May 19 01:27 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm stuck I camed a cross one of my many great granddad James walker who was born around December 1811 and died 1876 but I can not find the marriage year for when James married Margaret greig as I tried looking on myHeritage and findmypast so I be so grateful if you could help me thank you