Author Topic: Wiliam Morgan [Birth] 1863-1866  (Read 950 times)

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Wiliam Morgan [Birth] 1863-1866
« on: Thursday 04 August 05 09:59 BST (UK) »
Looking for the birth of a William Morgan, born between  1863-1866 in Merthyr Tydfil. Mother was a Mary Richards  father believed to be a William Morgan. Has any member the parish registers for Merthyr Tydfil and woud be kind enough to see if Wiliam's birth is registered anywhere. Thankyou.

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
Re: Wiliam Morgan [Birth] 1863-1866
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 September 05 23:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Erwen

On freebmd.org.uk there is a birth of a Wiliam Morgan Vol 11a page 140 in Pontypool which is in Gwent Monmouthshire in June qtr1862.

Also Merthyr Tydfil Vol  11a page 180 and Vo l11a page 298.
Also Merthyr Tydfil vol 11a page 315 in Dec qtr 1865. In fact there are quite a few!Try the site yourself - it is free! You may be better appealing for someone who can access the registrars office for this district or writing to the registrars in Merthyr Tydfil and requesting the precise details, i.e. who the mother and father were, as quoted .  I have found that a few record office employees are sympathetic to the cause when the name is a popular one and will only send details of the one you request.  Worth a try! It costs about £7.00 per certificate

Cheers
Jan

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!