Author Topic: Bristol Help Needed  (Read 1886 times)

Offline RustyNuts

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bristol Help Needed-Johnson&Keller
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 April 18 14:13 BST (UK) »

Hopefully the marriage cert that you have is clearer than the online copy which is making me cross-eyed!  Can you confirm the addresses please, also the witness names. 

When I next go to Bristol archives, hopefully sometime soon, I will check the rest of the info you have against the original registers as there are discrepancies with the transcripts I have seen. 

Offline zoobiscuitz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bristol Help Needed
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 April 18 15:16 BST (UK) »
Hi RustyNuts,

That would be fantastic! Unfortunately, I have a very blurred image of the marriage certificate as well, and am unable to read the addresses or witness names clearly.

It looks like Joseph's address was Old Park.

The marriage is listed in the Bristol Non-Conformist Church Records 1777 - 1936 as Josephus Johnson and Anna Keller. I don't know if that helps?!

Offline RustyNuts

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bristol Help Needed-Johnson & Keller
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 April 18 18:32 BST (UK) »
Tks,

I agree Old Park for Joseph's address and think Ann's was Trenchard St.  Her place of birth shown on 1851 census was Redcliff, Bristol.  I guess you didn't find them in 1841?

Ann's father, Patrick Keller, may have been a annuitant and I would not be surprised if Joseph was a sailor at the time of his marriage.

Joseph's baptism on 12 March 1820 shows his godparent/sponsor as Mary Kaler so possibly a family  link with the Johnsons.

I'll get back to you when I've seen the originals.

Offline zoobiscuitz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bristol Help Needed
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 29 April 18 19:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks again, I look forward to hearing if you find anything 😀