Author Topic: Booker and Keytes Ebrington Mickleton Quinton  (Read 1123 times)

Offline plan321

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Booker and Keytes Ebrington Mickleton Quinton
« on: Wednesday 17 January 18 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with a brick wall. I have a marriage between a Thomas Booker and a Mary Keyte in Ebrington on 30 Jan 1756. She was of the parish Queenton - I'm assuming that is Quinton today. Keyte is a prominent family from Ebrington and I wonder if my Mary is connected at all.

Thomas Booker was baptised 10 Mar 1724 Ebrington, his father was also called Thomas Booker. This Thomas Booker was baptised 5 Mar 1692 Ebrington and his father was William Booker. I have found a marriage between a William Booker and a Ann Kyte in Mickleton  on 2 Oct 1673. They had a number of children baptised between 1673 and 1692.
Ann Kyte has also been transcribed as Ann Rite and Ann Ryte. I have seen the Keyte name have several spellings -  such as Keyt and am wondering if anyone has info on my Ann to see if she may also have connections to the Keyte Family.
If anyone can hep in anyway I am most grateful.
Thanks

Offline StefanD99

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Booker and Keytes Ebrington Mickleton Quinton
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 December 20 06:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I haven't any specific information, but I have found the Quinton (Glos) parish registers through FS. These seem to have been mis-filed.
While searching through the Whitchurch (Warks) register yesterday I remember the Kyte etc. family have a large presence there in later years.
In both cases I have located records that I had not though searches. Let me know if you're still looking.
Stefan
Oh! What a tangled web we perceive,
where ancestors try to hide and deceive.