Author Topic: Christiana Munro, daughter of John and Margaret. Who were they?  (Read 12556 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Munros of Ross & Cromarty
« Reply #90 on: Sunday 12 August 18 09:47 BST (UK) »
good  :)  so your EVERSON family were in Sydney and suburbs by 1860s ... and you know for certain that the lass on the 1840 marriage arrived on the Lady McNaughton .... 

I am still trying to join up the dots to the lass on the Lady McNaughton and the lass marrying in 1840 as per the marriage cert...

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline gregperth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Of Irish, English, Scottish & German.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Sunday 12 August 18 10:05 BST (UK) »
Yep. Interestingly, apart from arriving the same year, both Christiana's were married in Manning river district but five years apart.
I also know this is the correct Christiana, as a chap who is president of the Canberra Geneological Society, who has been searching for nine years, confirmed it. We are both matched by DNA. He's now given up.
Smith, Munro, Perrin, Doyle, Wilkinson, Dewhurst, Hogan, Kenny, Carey, Travers, Mooney, Court, Edyvean, Hennig, Fiat, Jerome, Earle, Porter, Green, Tanton, Balls, Simpson, Mallett, Jessup, Lancaster, Paton, McMahon, Cahill, Morse, Cartwright, Wells, Hardy, Rice, Riley,

Offline gregperth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Sunday 12 August 18 10:07 BST (UK) »
PS: Yes, they were in Sydney. Everson was a constable in the Hunter but became a painter (unsuccessful) in Sydney (Botany).
Smith, Munro, Perrin, Doyle, Wilkinson, Dewhurst, Hogan, Kenny, Carey, Travers, Mooney, Court, Edyvean, Hennig, Fiat, Jerome, Earle, Porter, Green, Tanton, Balls, Simpson, Mallett, Jessup, Lancaster, Paton, McMahon, Cahill, Morse, Cartwright, Wells, Hardy, Rice, Riley,

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Sunday 12 August 18 10:57 BST (UK) »
Yep. Interestingly, apart from arriving the same year, both Christiana's were married in Manning river district but five years apart.
I also know this is the correct Christiana, as a chap who is president of the Canberra Geneological Society, who has been searching for nine years, confirmed it. We are both matched by DNA. He's now given up.

Something odd there ...  Whittingham in the Northumberland County is NOT in the Manning River district ...  over 200 kms apart ...

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline gregperth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Sunday 12 August 18 11:03 BST (UK) »
On NSW BDM site the summary says both marriages were in MR. Maybe an error.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Sunday 12 August 18 12:10 BST (UK) »
 Why do you think MR is Manning River ?   

NSW BDM website has Early Church Codes.   I posted link on one of the current threads. 

MR is NOT the NSW BDM code for Manning River.  MR is the NSW BDM code for CoE, Oakville, Wittingham, Wollombi.    JN is the NSW BDM code for Presbyterian, Parramatta.

You need to get to the original parish registers for THREE marriages which are indexed at NSW BDM  giving bride as Christiana/Christina MUNRO

1840  EVERSON = MUNRO
1843 O’BRIEN = MUNRO
1846 PATMORE= MUNRO

Edward EVERSON married Christiana MUNRO, 1840, you have the NSW BDM record for that, ie CofE Oakville, Whittingham, Wollombi
Francis B O’BRIEN married Christiana MUNRO 1846  Vol 30B, line 626  ie CofE, Oakville; Whittingham; Wollombi
Josiah PATMORE married Christina MUNRO 1843.  VOLUME 76, line 1759  JN ie, Presbyterian, Parramatta.

So two of the marriages were Church of England, and in the County of Northumberland, and in ONE of three parishes (either Oakville, or Whittingham or Wollombi)

https://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/family-history.aspx   left hand menu:

https://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/early-church-codes.aspx

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Sunday 12 August 18 12:16 BST (UK) »
What denomination is noted on the Immigration paper for your lass arriving per the Lady McNaughton?   

JM

ADD
I should mention that the marriage cert does NOT show the marriage as for St Johns, Wollombi.   
From the NSW BDM's codes: https://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/early-church-codes.aspx
MR
Church of England
Oakville; Whittingham; Wollombi
The document seems to point to Whittingham (Wittingham) rather than Wollombi or Oakville parishes.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/12873652 Sydney Herald 11 Feb 1842.  Grant by governor of NSW for land for church, glebe etc at Wittingham.    Note, it has not ever been a requirement in NSW for a marriage ceremony to be performed within a Church building.

JM

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Sunday 12 August 18 12:21 BST (UK) »
I think they are all Presbyterian JM. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.  :)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Sunday 12 August 18 12:24 BST (UK) »
I think so too Ruskie.  I am also expecting to be corrected if I am wrong.   :)   

I am very concerned as to which lass was the wife of Edward EVERSON. 

JM