Author Topic: Dempsey - Roscommon  (Read 4798 times)

Offline clark1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Dempsey - Roscommon
« on: Friday 05 August 05 21:10 BST (UK) »
Willie Dempsey lived with his with Mary (Reape) and had four children, Mary died in the 1920 flu epidemic and then remarried  Mary Mitchell. I've found Willie's and Mary Reape marriage but have been unable to trace her death.
If anybody has any information on this family I would be most grateful.

Thanks for any help you can give

Linda

Offline bartlettclarke

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Dempsey - Roscommon
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 August 05 04:45 BST (UK) »
I am interested in a William Clarke who married a Lucy Dempsey, most likely at Estersnow Roscommon about 1820, they had a son James born 1823. It is known that William came from Bewdley in England.We are still trying to find out more about Lucy Dempsey. William and lucy had 4 children in Roscommon then returned to Bewdley. James became a Master Confectioner and we believe he served his apprentiship with some Dempsey relatives in Manchester, England. James with his wife and family came to Australia in the 1860's. We believ that a brother named Robert also came to Australia. Can you offer any help from this information

Bill Clarke

Offline clark1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 August 05 10:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Bill

I'm sorry I haven't come across a Lucy Dempsey in my research, if I do I will let you know.

Linda

Offline scarbro

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 November 05 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi there
As you have an interest in the Dempsey family have you come across a Mary Dempsey born c 1800?
She married Michael Fullerton c 1820 and their first son Thomas Fullerton was born in Ireland c1821. They then moved to England and had 2 daughters in Lichfield Staffs, then moved to Hull where they stayed for a number of years.
On the English census it says Count Mayo for their births but I have read somewhere that some of the Mayo townlands were transferred to Roscommon.
A distant relative has posted a search for the Fullerton/Dempsay families on the Mayo list
Any comments/advice gratefully received
Best wishes
Scarbro
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline david_bate

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 August 06 14:48 BST (UK) »
I am interested in a William Clarke who married a Lucy Dempsey, most likely at Estersnow Roscommon about 1820, they had a son James born 1823. It is known that William came from Bewdley in England.We are still trying to find out more about Lucy Dempsey. William and lucy had 4 children in Roscommon then returned to Bewdley. James became a Master Confectioner and we believe he served his apprentiship with some Dempsey relatives in Manchester, England. James with his wife and family came to Australia in the 1860's. We believ that a brother named Robert also came to Australia. Can you offer any help from this information

Bill Clarke

Hi Bill,

There is a posibility that they were living at Boyle as well around August 1823. There is a barracks in the town.

Dave