Author Topic: From Barnsley To Where  (Read 982 times)

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
From Barnsley To Where
« on: Monday 26 February 18 01:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Hoping someone can help me with my problem,my 5 times Great Grandparents Benjamin Jackson and his wife Eddy/Edith Francis, both I believe christened 1851 Benjamin in Windrush Gloucester Eddy unknown, married 13/10/1772 Southrop Gloucester issue of 8 children from 1773 -1791 all christened in Barnsley Gloucester have tried to trace what happened to Benjamin and Eddy/Edith for years.
Two days ago I came across an entry from a Jackson family which apparently had the information that I need but it was on the site of An..s.ry  C.m if anyone has access to this site maybe they could help me out, I am 81 and my time is running appreciate any help or advise.
Thank you kindly     Ochsenkopf   

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: From Barnsley To Where
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 February 18 08:34 GMT (UK) »
That online tree quotes a burial at Barnsley, Gloucestershire for Benjamin.  The image that they have linked says -1791 - Benjamin Jackson was buried Dec 13th at the Parish Expence (sic)

The image for Edith states
Jackson Edith, widow was buried 4th of December 1801
(also at Barnsley)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline duport

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 February 18 21:20 GMT (UK) »
my 5 times Great Grandparents Benjamin Jackson and his wife Eddy/Edith Francis, both I believe christened 1851 Benjamin in Windrush Gloucester

I think you mean 1751. Do you have Benjamin's ancestors? Parents Joseph & Anne, g'parents Joseph & Mary Jane, and so on? Was he, by any chance, a stonemason?

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 February 18 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Jackson Tree (which goes back further) and Ancestry

Benjamin JACKSON was buried at Barnsley 13 December 1791 - at the Parish Expense.

Edith JACKSON, Widow was buried at Barnsley 4 December 1801

--------

Forest of Dean Gloucestershire Marriage Allegations two records of their marriage  (Licence/Marriage Bond)

12 October 1772

Benjamin JACKSON aged 23, Batchelor, labourer, residence : Southrop
Eddy FRANCIS, over 21, Spinster, residence: Southrop

Marriage by Bond/Licence

he marks

witnesses 1:  John DOYLEY a Gentleman of Southrop

Memoranda:  The groom and John DOYLEY are bound in the sum of £500 - to marry at Southrop

---

UK Libraries have Ancestry free of charge.

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 28 February 18 01:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello and thank you so much to Rosie, Duport and Capetown you all have solved this problem for me, although I knew that three of the Jackson children died at Barnsley I could not connect Benjamin and Eddy/Edith dying there as well.The birth of their last child Patience was 17/8/1791 Barnsley so the burial of Benjamin fits in well as does Edith.
Yes I did place an extra 100 years onto Benjamin's christening it should have been 16/6/1751 at  Windrush Parents Joseph ch 3/1708 married Ann Newman 10/4/1732 Windrush about 10 children Grandparents were Joseph ch 6/2/1675 Windrush married a Mary Gardiner 26/10/1704 at Southrop but I am not sure if this marriage is correct as it has been years and years since my research was done and things get mislaid.
And yes to the question they were Stonemasons
I can now fill in those gaps which I have waited years for, thank you all again.
Getting tired so I had better call it a day and get some rest.

Ochsenkoph

Offline Ochsenkopff

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 28 February 18 04:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello Again
Just to confirm that the marriage I had for Joseph and Mary Gardiner was correct and it stated the place of abode for Joseph was Winrick no doubt this was Windrush and she was of Lechlade all of this info came from B D &M Free Reg. Phillimores Transcripts

Ochsenkopf