Author Topic: Chster Chronicle 11th Dec 1818  (Read 1923 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Chster Chronicle 11th Dec 1818
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 12:02 BST (UK) »
Got it! Many thanks x
Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 12:04 BST (UK) »
The Article says;
CAUTION
To avoid a false Purchase, and resist an unlawful Tender.
WHEREAS my son, JOSEPH DEANE, of Snape in the township of Weston, in the parish of Wybunbury, in the county of Chester, hath made proposals without just right, or any order from me, his mother, Elizabeth Deane of Snape aforesaid, to dispose of property belonging to me, as though it were his own, or as if empowered by me so to do;
This is to give first and final Notice,
To all persons whom it may concern, that the said Joseph Deane of Snape, as above specified, has no right whatever to dispose of, neither can he lawfully treat with any person or persons for the sale of any such property belonging to me Elizabeth Deane his mother, as I shall fully convince such person or persons of the truth of these premises, by instant action at law, without further notice, in the case that should they be inveigled by him, the said Joseph Deane to make such illegal purchase.
Signed by ELIZABETH DEANE’S + Mark.
Weston, Dec. 4th, 1818.   

Unfortunately you cannot put attachments on this list, otherwise it would have been possible to attache the article.

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 12:09 BST (UK) »
Stan- thank you so very much! That has saved me a visit to Chester Records Office!
Joseph Dean (e)/Dain of Snape seemed to be quite a rogue for so many reasons- I wonder if he was mentioned in anything else! He married in 1792 and lived in Snape all his life and died in 1831.

it is quite a story!!!!

Many many thanks indeed

Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)