Author Topic: Marriage of John Goodwin and Ann c1638  (Read 366 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Marriage of John Goodwin and Ann c1638
« on: Tuesday 14 August 18 01:57 BST (UK) »
Hi

I hope someone can help here. I am trying to track down the marriage of two ancestors, John Goodwin and Ann [surname unknown], possibly in the Boughton under Blean area.

I know that John and Anne had a son named Robert who was christened in Boughton under Blean on 17 November 1638. Other than that I know nothing about either John or Anne.

I had suspected that John had married Ann Godfrey in Faversham in 1620, by licence, but I am now not too sure. The licence states that John was 25 (so born c1595) and that Ann was also 25 (so again born c1595) and that both were "of Whitstable".

The problem I have is that the only child I have for "my John and Anne" is Robert Goodwin (born 1638) which would mean that if the above marriage is the correct one, Anne (and John) would have been 43 when Robert was born.

Can anyone check to see if there are any other children born to John and Anne Goodwin in the Boughton under Blean area (or Faversham area) between 1620 and 1638 in case Robert was the last of their children?

Many thanks for any help or advice

Matt