Author Topic: Miller Kilbeggan  (Read 3588 times)

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Miller Kilbeggan
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 August 18 09:07 BST (UK) »
Sorry Dathai, I was looking at this and typing this up as you had posted.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 August 18 09:08 BST (UK) »
Connell - 'Siggins' (sic) marriage was in 1887:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1887/10810/5942545.pdf

Ah Siggins, looking a the birth of Harold again, the H on Harold is very clear and the S of Siggins looks like the S of Stephen.
No wonder I couldn't find the marriage. ;D

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 August 18 09:19 BST (UK) »

... A 3 year old Richard M. Miller appeared in the 1891 England census with his parents William J. and Jane Miller and several siblings in Portland, his father's occupation was given as 'Monumental Mason'.

With the usual caveat about accuracy, there is at least one tree covering these folk on the Ancestry website, William James Miller's wife is cited as Jane Lano and there is other information including their parents, it all seems to be based in Dorset.

Edited to add: Presumably explains Richard Maurice Miller and Mabel May Connell's daughter 'Elizabeth Joy Lano' Miller born at Kilbeggan in 1915.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 August 18 09:51 BST (UK) »

Ah Siggins, looking a the birth of Harold again, the H on Harold is very clear and the S of Siggins looks like the S of Stephen.
No wonder I couldn't find the marriage. ;D

I assumed the marriage was a transcription error, but it looks like it was Siggins, though struggling at this point to find Matilda's birth.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 26 August 18 10:14 BST (UK) »
There was a Church of Ireland baptism for a William Stephen Connell on 9 June 1859 (birthdate given as 15 May), the address was Fermoy County Cork and his parents were given as John Connell (Coast Guard Service) and Mary Ann (maiden name not given).

There was a Church of Ireland marriage on 8 January 1856 between a John Connell (a coast guard aboard HMS Blenheim, son of William Connell, pensioner) and Mary Ann Haslegrove / Hazlegrove (an infant school teacher, daughter of Stephen Haslegrove / Hazlegrove, a coast guard), both parties living in Fermoy.   

John and Mary Anne were in County Mayo in 1873 when they had a daughter Margaret:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1873/03168/2162103.pdf

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 26 August 18 10:29 BST (UK) »
Walter Connell born Boston 1888/1889 has second name as Hazlegrove .

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 26 August 18 11:20 BST (UK) »
Possibility's
Difficult to read the Siggins address on the marriage but it starts with Newtown
There is a death of a George Siggins (married)Newtown 1889 aged 81 informant son Thomas
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1889/06152/4757580.pdf
Note the death below George.

Given ages and names I think this might be his wife Mary
death 1902
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1902/05695/4605517.pdf
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Sligo/Lissadill_West/Cloghcor/1680952/

Offline Magh Itha

• RootsChat Member
  • Quinn of Convoy and related families
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 26 August 18 16:17 BST (UK) »
I am just digesting all of the above and would like to thank you all so much for your efforts.
Quinn (Donegal); McLaughlin, Doherty (Big Hill, Corney, Dubh, Lenan, Meenkeragh, Mor, Ownes, Roe, Druminderry.), Barr, Granny  (Buncrana);  Bonar (Convoy); McGlynn (Burnfoot); McFadden (St Johnston); Hamilton (Raphoe); Houston (Meenbane, Donegal); Eames (Kinlough, Leitrim); Murray and Henry (Westport, Mayo); Hasson (Derry); Eames (Leitrim); Farrell (Lanesboro) Scally (Gallagh, Roscommon); Casserly (Garranstown, Roscommon): Brennan and Hyland (Rathcline, Longford); Hopkins (Cashel, Longford

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 26 August 18 17:01 BST (UK) »
Just looking at other marriages for Siggins father George I think the address on Matilda's marriage is Ballinfull Newtown