Author Topic: Look up St. Paul's , Seacombe please  (Read 544 times)

Offline Yoz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Look up St. Paul's , Seacombe please
« on: Monday 17 September 18 11:22 BST (UK) »
Hi I wonder if anyone can gain access to the above records please?
I'm looking for the details of a marriage between George Walker and Jane Kirby, Dec qtr 1922.
It's George's father and possibly witnesses I'm most interested in please?
If you pass by any mention of Keeley or Brannigan entries could you just jot them down please?

Forever grateful.
Sue

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look up St. Paul's , Seacombe please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 September 18 12:24 BST (UK) »
http://www.seacombeparish.com/

Have you looked through this site ?
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Yoz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 September 18 13:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the suggestion, there's no indexes or anything there and no mention of look ups sadly.

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 September 18 14:45 BST (UK) »
George was born on 4th August 1892 and there are two registered in that year in Birkenhead. One was George Oldfield Walker, mother's maiden name Corlett but he moved to Liverpool and died in 1937.

The other George, mother Keeley, is presumed to be the one on the 1939 Register with wife Jane. Unfortunately, I can't see a baptism.

Sarah Jane Keeley married Edward Brannigan, in Liverpool in 1891.

In 1901, George Walker is shown as the son of Sarah Jane Brannigan, married but no husband, but his siblings are Brannigan.

In 1911, Sarah Jane is married to Edward Walker and all of the children are Walker, including those previously Brannigan. Sarah and Edward had been married 18 years and so it looks at though Edward Brannigan and Edward Walker might be the same person.

Although all of the children in 1911 are Walker, they seem to have been registered as Brannigan - strange.

I imagine that the marriage may show his father as Edward but it would be interesting to see the birth certificate.

David