Author Topic: Probate entry for Mary Katherine Augusta Beisiegel, 1922  (Read 331 times)

Offline lucymags

• RootsChat Senior
  • Slowly but surely...
    • View Profile
Probate entry for Mary Katherine Augusta Beisiegel, 1922
« on: Friday 05 October 18 12:58 BST (UK) »
Just wondering if anyone has any access to useful details on this document:
Name: Mary Katherine Augusta Beisiegel
Death Date: 26/03/1922
Death Place: Rochester, Kent, England
Probate Date: 23/05/1922
Registry: London, England

Edit:
I have also just found one for her father, Georg Heinrich Carl Beisiegel, in Rutland, 28 Sep 1904, beneficiaries Sarah Susannah Beisiegel and Phillip Karl Beisiegel. I don't suppose there's much other information there, but if anyone can see anything useful, that would be good too.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Probate entry for Mary Katherine Augusta Beisiegel, 1922
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 October 18 13:10 BST (UK) »
To see who she left her estate to, you'll need to order a copy from hmcts, you get a pdf copy for 10

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Calendar

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 October 18 13:33 BST (UK) »
I have also just found one for her father, Georg Heinrich Carl Beisiegel, in Rutland, 28 Sep 1904, beneficiaries Sarah Susannah Beisiegel and Phillip Karl Beisiegel. I don't suppose there's much other information there, but if anyone can see anything useful, that would be good too.

When the probate calendar says 'Probate to (names/s)', it means that those people are the executors.  They have the task of distributing the deceased person's estate in accordance with the will.  Executors might or might not be beneficiaries; you'd need the will itself to find out who had what.

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline lucymags

• RootsChat Senior
  • Slowly but surely...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 05 October 18 13:51 BST (UK) »
Ah, great for all of that info, Carol and Dawn. Useful detail, and handy to know how to order a copy of probates for future reference - I will make a note. (I don't need them for the purposes of the current exercise, as they're only peripheral to my tree but I'm helping to provide some more info for a local history researcher.)

The info for Georg's probate came from FamilySearch, which listed those two as beneficiaries, btw - but that might be incorrect.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 05 October 18 14:19 BST (UK) »
Here's his entry from the hmcts site
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline lucymags

• RootsChat Senior
  • Slowly but surely...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 05 October 18 14:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks again, Dawn - that's great!  :)

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 05 October 18 14:46 BST (UK) »
The info for Georg's probate came from FamilySearch, which listed those two as beneficiaries, btw - but that might be incorrect.

It's unlikely (!) that FamilySearch would have spent 10 to confirm the beneficiaries.  They've quite possibly misunderstood the wording of the calendar entry - they wouldn't be the first to do that.

Sometimes the executor is a bank or a solicitor and we see people wondering why their ancestors 'gave it all to the bank and left nothing to the children' :)

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline lucymags

• RootsChat Senior
  • Slowly but surely...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 05 October 18 15:07 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D