Author Topic: Living DNA test in now what  (Read 2420 times)

Offline jibhauler14

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Living DNA test in now what
« on: Thursday 22 November 18 18:01 GMT (UK) »
Had my DNA test back from Living DNA which was interesting to say the least but now what is the best way forward with it, tried Ancestry as I have a comprehensive tree with them but they do not accept Living DNA results which is a shame as I think they are missing a trick, which are the best sites to go forward with, any ideas...

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Living DNA test in now what
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 November 18 18:24 GMT (UK) »
which are the best sites to go forward with, any ideas...

My Heritage, FTDNA and, possibly, Gedmatch.

Commiserations. You're not the only one to be disappointed as Ruskie and I withdrew our uploaded tests from Living DNA because of the delay and very little on offer.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline aled23

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 November 18 12:24 GMT (UK) »
I tested with livingdna also and am looking forward to when the beta version goes ful,I have3 matches thus far, at the moment I think you can only upload to myheritage and gedmatch genesis....I too think it's a shame ancestry don't invite uploads...Aled

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 24 November 18 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Had my DNA test back from Living DNA which was interesting to say the least but now what is the best way forward with it, tried Ancestry as I have a comprehensive tree with them but they do not accept Living DNA results which is a shame as I think they are missing a trick, which are the best sites to go forward with, any ideas...
Is that a full paid for DNA test with the ethnicity breakdown, Y and mitochondrial (maternal line) haplogroups?

Offline aled23

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 24 November 18 15:01 GMT (UK) »
yes the 3 in 1 test which is why I personally went with livingdna, good value I think....

Offline jibhauler14

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 24 November 18 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the response, personally I am quite pleased with the content of my Living DNA report which I thought was quite comprehensive, but then have not seen other reports by different providers but I did do quite a lot of research before choosing them and on balance they came out very well, my opinion of course, and it is a disappointment that Ancestry do not accept or cannot use the Living DNA report so perhaps will move tree elsewhere..

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 24 November 18 16:37 GMT (UK) »
If you want to upload to another site, I believe that My Heritage are taking LivingDNA data. They have more tools than Ancestry, including a chromosome browser. It's smaller than Ancestry but I've had quite a few close matches.  I think my upload, from an Ancestry DNA, took a couple of weeks.

https://www.myheritage.com

You could also try Gedmatch:

https://www.gedmatch.com

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 24 November 18 16:45 GMT (UK) »
If you want to upload to another site, I believe that My Heritage are taking LivingDNA data. They have more tools than Ancestry, including a chromosome browser. It's smaller than Ancestry but I've had quite a few close matches.  I think my upload, from an Ancestry DNA, took a couple of weeks.

https://www.myheritage.com

You could also try Gedmatch:

https://www.gedmatch.com

Gadget
MyHeritage will only be giving free ethnicity breakdowns and access to the chromosome browser until the end of this month, but I believe will carry on giving free matches.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile