Author Topic: restoration & date my photograph William Henry Phillips & Annie Ellen Thomas  (Read 1305 times)

Offline rvb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: restoration & date my photograph William Henry Phillips & Annie Ellen Thomas
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Oh thank you it looks like it is nearly there now.   Thats such an improvement.

Thanks so much

Ruth
Names: Thomas, Phillips
Areas: Senghenydd, Abertridwr, Trethomas, Caerau, Glamorganshire
Llandilofawr, Carmarthenshire

Offline rvb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: restoration & date my photograph William Henry Phillips & Annie Ellen Thomas
« Reply #10 on: Friday 14 December 18 12:18 GMT (UK) »
its certainly getting there.  thank you so much.   I also have another photo I wonder if anyone can date it for me please.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 December 18 14:06 GMT (UK) »
I would say 1940s.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline rvb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 15 December 18 22:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi carol thank you very much dating this pics thats great. So nice seeing these old photographs

thanks again

Ruth

Offline raj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 18 December 18 10:35 GMT (UK) »
HI
  Fixed distorted pixel and mainly the reflection to bring the details back.
It might be caused because of the material used in the old photograph. Tried to preserve the original details as much as possible and patched accordingly. Brought noticeable detail back and some to grandma's hair structure, grandpa's eye details also. As you can see, there are some minute details are present like the chair's reflection. I didn't touch up the right leg portion of grandpa, you can see the reflection of the folds and there is something else also there. Do you have any idea? is it reflections of the folds only or the other end of the chair? I just want to make sure of it. This is the 1st set of a process which took longer than I expected. Needed second round for the fine tune of facial and eye structure, which will take more time. This is what I can do for the moment. Sorry.

Offline rvb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 19 December 18 11:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi you have done a great job and the photograph is looking much better.  I see the structure you are referring to and it  is definitely the leg of the chair.  I appreciate that you have spent a considerable amount of  time improving it on what has already been achieved by others.  A grand job.  Thank you so much.