Author Topic: Nottingham Archives  (Read 855 times)

Offline collin

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nottingham Archives
« on: Tuesday 04 December 18 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello
         I found a newspaper snippet of an Oldham man being imprisoned 14 days for picking pockets at Newark Fair in 1852. I hope he is not our relative but need to eliminate him.
The Nottingham Archives have identified three records that might help so as I can't get there I will pay for their service.
I would like to ask which one would be the best to identify him, personal details etc.
They are  Newark Quarter Sessions Minute Book
County Quarter Sessions Minute Book or the
County Quarter Sessions Roll
Many thanks
Collin Oldham Lancs   Rogers Dudley  Abbott  Ripley Derbys    Hartley Outwood Yorks

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Nottingham Archives
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 December 18 14:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Colin,

When I've looked at court quarter sessions records before I found that they don't give personal details just name, age,  crime and sentence if found guilty.

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline collin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Nottingham Archives
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 December 18 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi
   Thank you for that, the archives want £27 and it still wouldn't prove it was him and if it was I still don't know what happened to him after 1861 so don't think I am going to bother with it
Glyn
Collin Oldham Lancs   Rogers Dudley  Abbott  Ripley Derbys    Hartley Outwood Yorks