Author Topic: Elizabeth BRADLEY in Toseland c.1775  (Read 835 times)

Offline JAKnighton

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth BRADLEY in Toseland c.1775
« on: Friday 14 December 18 13:04 GMT (UK) »
I made a topic earlier in the year regarding my 5x great-grandmother who was a widower known as Elizabeth BATTLE when she married my 5x great-grandfather in 1799. Since then I've been trying to find her previous marriage in order to derive her maiden name, and I've found a candidate;

Elizabeth BRADLEY, spinster, married James BATTEL, widower, on 7 Jul 1795 at Huntingdon All Saints.

My Elizabeth was born circa 1775 in Toseland, Huntingdonshire according to the 1851 census so I was wondering if anyone could check if there was an Elizabeth Bradley baptised in Toseland at that time.
Knighton in Huntingdonshire and Northamptonshire
Tweedie in Lanarkshire and Co. Down
Rodgers in Durham and Co. Monaghan
McMillan in Lanarkshire and Argyllshire

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth BRADLEY in Toseland c.1775
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 December 18 14:14 GMT (UK) »
there is an elizabeht Bradley  on FreeReg,baptism May 28th 1756 St Mary,Toseland..

Parents Robert and Mary Bradley..
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline JAKnighton

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth BRADLEY in Toseland c.1775
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 December 18 17:15 GMT (UK) »
there is an elizabeht Bradley  on FreeReg,baptism May 28th 1756 St Mary,Toseland..

Parents Robert and Mary Bradley..
Thank you, for some reason I thought there wasn't any Toseland records on FreeReg. That Elizabeth Bradley is twenty years too early, but I've looked for other Bradleys and there is a Bett Bradley baptised 1775. Could be my Elizabeth perhaps?
Knighton in Huntingdonshire and Northamptonshire
Tweedie in Lanarkshire and Co. Down
Rodgers in Durham and Co. Monaghan
McMillan in Lanarkshire and Argyllshire