Author Topic: Sarah Smith  (Read 19087 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Smith
« Reply #189 on: Saturday 30 March 19 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to the best family history forum  :) perseus.

Have you ever been to Fitz. Valley?

I am not related to the LEWIS  or WEAVER families, but I know the area,  .... some of my ancestors settled nearby .... Wimbledon.... oh and others were at Glamis ....  the bushranger story has many similar variations in  many families ....

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline sasarina

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: Sunday 31 March 19 02:25 BST (UK) »
JM,  No haven't been to the Valley,  I am in Brisbane, long drive,  I would love to go, maybe one day?
What are you ancestors surnames as my Jane and Joseph were in Wimbledon.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: Sunday 31 March 19 02:46 BST (UK) »
 ;)  SMITH,  ::)  ::)  ::)  but not connected to the ones from Prospect.  Mine were in NSW earlier than the Prospect ones.   :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline sasarina

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: Sunday 31 March 19 02:49 BST (UK) »
oh lucky you another Smith

Offline perseus00

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: Sunday 31 March 19 03:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Sasarina,

Yes just then. Hard to access this site this morning!

Offline perseus00

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: Sunday 31 March 19 03:40 BST (UK) »
Hi JM

Thanks for the welcome :) I am in WA so Fitzgerald Valley is a bit out of my way!  :-[ However I am closely associated with there; also Fitzgerald's Swamp as I am related to the Foster family of Fitzgerald Valley. My great great grandfather John Smith married Annie Foster there in 1877.

Most of my more recent ancestors were born at Trendon Grange, Newbridge (my grandfather). I believe its wonderful country, and I would like to spend some time there one day, especially as I now know more info on where they were born and lived.

Offline sasarina

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday 03 April 19 06:29 BST (UK) »
Help,  I'm not sure what to do?  If I should start a new post for English research?

I am trying to find if Elizabeth Boyd, nee Lewis,who is the mother of Thomas Boyd, the master of the schooner The Maid of the Lake is the sister of my Charles Lewis who died on this vessel in 1863.

It does relate to all the family research previous posts, re Charles Lewis.

I went to look for bmd's in England but they were all after 1837.  Charles and Elizabeth would have been born abt 1795-1799.

Would it be better to start a new post in the English forum?
Your thoughts on this please.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday 03 April 19 07:08 BST (UK) »
Firstly,  before you go much further,  I am concerned that you have not actually established that your Joseph LEWIS's father was the chap who died in 1863,  on that Thomas BOYD's coastal trader.

But,  re Elizabeth BOYD  ...did she migrate to NSW,   is Thomas noted on her d.c. ... are her parents named on that d.c.,  does it give where she was born,  when did her husband die,  where and when did they marry ..... 

If you start a new thread you will need to remember to mention that you are seeking info about her in case she had a brother named Charles who may have been with her son rather than his own son when he (Charles) died of a possible long  standing health issue.   You should also mention that Elizabth BOYD has been mentioned on your thread on the Australia board. 

In otherwords,  how sure are you that Elizabeth BOYD was aunt to your Joseph LEWIS ....

Just my opinion,  of course.

JM

Offline sasarina

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday 03 April 19 10:38 BST (UK) »
Re Charles Lewis,

I have research from St James COE marriages 1830.

States that Charles Lewis, aged 26years, Neptune, FS, a baker, of the Parish of Sydney, and Mary Ann Smith aged 16 years BC, a spinster, of the Parish of Sydney were married in this Church by Banns with the consent of her mother.

Also have the birth of Charles Lewis 1831 to Charles, baker, and Mary Ann Smith, this Charles died 3 days old.
1832 Joseph Lewis parents Charles Lewis and Mary Ann Smith.

I think this is good evidence that Joseph's parents were Charles, the baker, and Mary A.

Re the death of Charles Lewis, the baker, on the Maid of the Lake, I cannot verify that this is the correct Charles unless I can identify Thomas Boyd's mother, Elizabeth Lewis as being Charles's sister,  but I certainly feel it warrants investigation.