Author Topic: Newton-le-Willows Cemetery Plot numbers  (Read 159 times)

Offline Redmoore

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Newton-le-Willows Cemetery Plot numbers
« on: Sunday 23 December 18 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

We are visiting Newton-le-Willows on Thursday but wont have much time. I have a plot number which is C/2793, however when printing off the map it only shows numbers 1-21, there is no lettered sections at all. I am quite confused and wondered if anyone can help me please?

Many thanks

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Newton-le-Willows Cemetery Plot numbers
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 December 18 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Id ring the cemetery and ask them 01744 677406 I would expect there to be someone in the office at least this morning.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Redmoore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 December 18 11:45 GMT (UK) »

Thank you. I was having trouble finding a telephone number.

Offline plimmerian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 December 18 13:00 GMT (UK) »
It is a nightmare trying to find plots in Newton, they don't match up - I've had to seek help from https://www.friendsofsthelenscemetery.co.uk/ to assist me in finding all the older plots in Newton. It takes time without the knowledge of those in the know, you can spend hours wandering like a lost soul if you're not careful. Worst cemetery for grave hunting I've ever visited. Be warned!