Author Topic: Possible DNA links to William Rees of Carnawllon  (Read 771 times)

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Possible DNA links to William Rees of Carnawllon
« on: Tuesday 01 January 19 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello and Happy New Year!

For those of you that have had your DNA done at Ancestry I am looking for possible DNA matches on my Rees line. The below assumes my research is correct and it would be nice to have some DNA matches to confirm this. I am guessing matches will be of the 5-8th cousins order and I have lot of these on Ancestry but a lot of these also have no tree or an unlinked tree, hence this approach.

Therefore if you are descended from the below, have had your DNA done and are interested please p.m. me:

I think my earliest known Rees ancestor is William Rees of Carnawllon farm (1766ish to 1858) who married Anne Treharne (1771-1826) and latterly Rachel Williams (1822-1853). My descendendent are from the William - Anne pairing. Their descendents, who I have marriage details for, are Walter Rees (1807-1861) who married Jane Morris (1806-1883), my line come from this pairing and William was a Blacksmith living at Pantycelyn, Pontyberem.

Other married sons of William and Anne were William Rees (1800-1869) and Jane Samuel (1809-1888), William was a Collier/Farmer at Carnawllon Fach and Ruth Rees (1890-?) who married David Williams (1811- ?), David was a labourer of Bath Cottage.

Other children of William and Anne who either died young or whose descendent details I don’t have are David Rees (1796-1816), Anne Rees (1798-?), Thomas Rees (1803-?), Walter Rees (1805-1806), John Rees (1812-?)

I look forward to hearing from any interested parties and even if not a DNA match you may be able to fill in some of the missing details for David, Anne, Thomas etc.

Kind regards