Author Topic: Savernake Hospital - who are these people in the photo?  (Read 1180 times)

Offline ln4266

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Savernake Hospital - who are these people in the photo?
« on: Sunday 13 January 19 12:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Apologies for two questions in one post.

Through relatives descended from the Gregory family in Marlborough, I have come into possession of a copy of this photograph / postcard at : http://www.friendsofsavernake.org/official-posts-held-at-savernake-hospital-through-the-decades/

However, the photo / postcard that I have has been torn in half! I only have the right hand side of the photo (3 men at back, and two women at the front). From the website, I can see that one of the women is Matron Lavington, but would anyone know the names of the others, especially the women?

Also, does anyone know if and where a list of the nurses and other employess exists? I have already contacted the Friends of Savernake, but haven't heard anything yet.

Online hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Savernake Hospital - who are these people in the photo?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 January 19 17:38 GMT (UK) »
It says who they are on here.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01n90/
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline ln4266

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 January 19 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the link. It is interesting to read more about the matron, especially as it looks like one of my great great uncles was a long term patient there.

The names don't sound familiar, so still no further forward in understanding why my photo looks like this... It looks like it has been deliberately torn around the Matron.

Online hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 January 19 18:33 GMT (UK) »
Very strange  ???
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline ln4266

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 January 19 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, not sure why the photo is upside-down - it was the right way up when  attached it!