Author Topic: William MASON wed Mary KING circa 1833 in Tynemouth?  (Read 9446 times)

Offline ThommoS

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William MASON wed Mary KING circa 1833 in Tynemouth?
« Reply #126 on: Monday 04 February 19 01:49 GMT (UK) »
Apologies for going off topic - Thank you for your suggestions JenB and Rosie - I acknowledge and appreciate the information flow available by yourselves and others; perhaps from that source as you mention........ but in view of your previous posts and to clarify what may be a misconception,  I have copied and pasted but one extract from the Terms and Conditions together with a link to them for additional information.
 --- you agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself (including during the registration process) and to maintain and keep current and accurate this information about yourself, ----

https://www.familysearch.org/terms

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Monday 04 February 19 10:40 GMT (UK) »
It is obviously up to you what you choose to do  :)

I never fill in my correct date of birth on an internet form unless it is a legal or financial matter.  I fail to see why a family history site needs it for someone to register for an account.  Is registering for familysearch really any different than registering for rootschat.  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday 06 February 19 16:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Thommo, I hope things are improving with you with regard to the heat and the bush fires?

I can't pretend I'm not disappointed at your reluctance to sign up with Family Search, as you are missing out on such a wealth of easily accessible information, Joseph Mason's will being a case in point.  However we must respect your wish not to do so  :)

May I make a few suggestions?

If it were me I would consider purchasing the 1858 birth certificate for Mary Ann Kell Mason, as also suggested by John in reply #111. It would be interesting to see who the informant was (I suspect possibly her mother, but you never know....) I would also give thought to purchasing her death certificate. You can purchase the certificates as pdf's via the GRO https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/Login.asp

If you do decide to post any new threads on this family on Rootschat do please make sure you include a link to this thread, as there is so much information contained in it, and the link would save much duplication of effort.

It would also be worth making clear that you aren't signed up with F.S. and that you're unable to view any links which are posted.

Good luck with your future research on this elusive family  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ThommoS

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Thursday 07 February 19 03:06 GMT (UK) »
Thank you JenB,

Appreciate your thoughts, you summed it up well in your reference to 'easily accessible information' - most if not all the information is available to me through sources other than Family Search and I am endeavouring to access those when I can.... Joseph's Will is such in point - and I am grateful for John in transcribing that - unfortunately it doesn't mention his alleged parents, but I will try to access the physical copy as with all other Victorian documents that have arisen so far at some stage.

Wholeheartedly agree, a subscription to FS would make it easier to access information but appreciate I have strong reservations on that company together with their business model and would certainly not offer false information in order to access their platform - I offer no judgement of what others may or may not do. Hope you can respect that and if I do post another query, will certainly mention I am not a subscriber to them

I am in the process of obtaining some of the BDM Discs for Northumberland as similarly those  Durham Records in trying to narrow down the search criteria for William (and Mary) and any possible family in that area. It will be some weeks before I receive them.

It's looking like they may not have resided there as Joseph claimed in the material so far yet Sarah's parents appear to be accurately described

I have to prioritised the material I purchase to direct the search toward the original query and that was finding William and Mary - considering Mary Ann Kell Mason is (most probably) the daughter of Joseph and Sarah, doubtful information on her alleged grand parents would be shown on any of her certificates....so haven't sought them at this stage. I am slowly going over the material again that has already provided together with the many reference sources.... in more detail now given the additional information that has been uncovered.. 

I managed to obtain access to the Northumberland Wills Indexes 1858-1878 - the Blakey's are listed but on checking for the Mason's - no Williams at all....only Mason listed in Tynemouth - being  Sarah Mason of Murton who died 25 Apr 1876. I will purchase that at some stage but am waiting on the discs to arrive..... it's a riddle within an enigma !  ???

Thank you for your help....we have uncovered lots of information on this family, far more than I ever anticipated (anyone would have trouble believing it too) and it's all been done by generous contributors such as yourself and others who made it possible.......it truly is amazing and demonstrates the wonderful nature of those assisting

I'll keep working on it and if anything pops up I will post to this thread immediately, hopefully the material I ordered will open other avenues once I get into it but am confident we'll sort them out - think we've managed to knock a few bricks loose in the original brick wall I hit; given the shared interest  so far......