Author Topic: Baird/Wilson/Clements - Doagh  (Read 2266 times)

Offline HolestoneRaider

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Baird/Wilson/Clements - Doagh
« on: Wednesday 23 January 19 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon,

I am trying to trace an old relative, goes by the name of Robert George Wilson (Clements) - his father was a Dr Clements who had several wives and was involved in a mysterious death around 1947 in Southport. 

It is believed that Robert George then went to live with his aunts, Martha Baird and Eliza Wilson both of Ballyhamage House, Doagh - however it is here that i lose track of him - it appears Ballyhamage House was sold in 1949 and he may have moved away.

I believe that Martha Baird (originally Wilson) was originally married to John Baird who passed in 1912 and may have re-married a William Finlay and moved to Fir Lea, Doagh,but after this the trail runs cold.  I also believe Eliza Wilson passed in 1949 with no surviving relatives apart from her sister Martha.

This is an usual request in that i am trying to track forward rather than backwards to see if they have any relatives today.  I am also very new to this and have been asked to help out an old aunt from England who is working on the other side of the family but she asked me to look into this on the Northern Irish side, i came across this site and some people seem very knowledgeable so i thought i would take a punt.

Some of the information above may be incorrect, this is the first time i have tried this and haven't had a chance to visit Groni yet and i know the re-use of first names was common back then so i may have mistaken fathers and sons for the same person.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Baird/Wilson/Clements - Doagh
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 January 19 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat but this isn't a forum for tracing living people so we are allowed to post details of anyone who might still be alive.

However, we might still be able to help with information or suggestions.

If you make one more post it will allow the Personal Message (PM) system to operate meaning that you can be sent details that can't be posted on the thread.

Will have a wee look around...
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline HolestoneRaider

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 January 19 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks,

I appreciate that living people might not like to be traced...could be a bit creepy; just trying to fill out the family tree for my aunt as the trail has gone cold.  Would obviously be interested in going backwards as well!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 January 19 12:12 GMT (UK) »
Do you know the name of Robert's mother (nee Wilson?)?

Offline HolestoneRaider

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 January 19 12:17 GMT (UK) »
She was a Mary M'Cleery of Ballyhamagh House, Doagh, died in Manchester in 1927.  Married Dr Clements in 1910.

Not sure where the Wilson link comes from.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 23 January 19 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Wilson Eliza of Ballyhamage House Doagh county Antrim spinster died 8 March 1948 Probate Belfast 16 January [1950] to Northern Bank Limited. Effects £2295 0s. 4d.
PRONI, Belfast should have copy of Will along with paperwork which may not provide much detail.

Looks like sister Martha died in 1953 as Baird so perhaps she didn't marry a William Finlay-
Baird Martha of Ballyhamage House Doagh county Antrim widow died 6 June 1953 Probate Belfast 23 June to Robert George Wilson Clements no occupation. Effects £116 1s. 6d.

Northern Whig (Belfast), 10 Mar.1948: WILSON—March 8. 1948. at her residence, Ballyhamage House, Eliza Wilson, dearly loved sister of Martha Baird. House strictly private. Funeral to-day (Wednesday), 4 pm., Church Lane, Doagh. Deeply regretted …

Wilson Anne Jane of Ballyhamage House Doagh county Antrim spinster died 30 August 1938 Probate Belfast 12 April to The Northern Bank Limited. Effects £1467 1s. 10d.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 23 January 19 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Now, this looks interesting-
McCleery Agnes of Ballyhamage House Boagh county Antrim widow died 5 October 1936 Probate Belfast 18 February to Eliza Wilson spinster Robert George Clements doctor of medicine and Hugh Gaston bank manager. Effects £770 10s. 6d.

Letters of Administration of the personal estate of Samuel M'Cleery late of Ballyhamage House Doagh County Antrim Buyer who died 30 August 1906 at Fitzroy-avenue Belfast were granted at Belfast to Agnes M'Cleery the Widow.

Offline HolestoneRaider

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 23 January 19 12:23 GMT (UK) »
She was a Mary M'Cleery of Ballyhamagh House, Doagh, died in Manchester in 1927.  Married Dr Clements in 1910.

Not sure where the Wilson link comes from.
[/quote

*May have been spelt McClurry - who was daughter of Samuel and Agnes McClurry of Ballyhamage House, Agnes being a sister of Eliza Wilson.

Making a bit more sense now!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 23 January 19 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Probate of the Will of James Wilson late of Ballyhamage County Antrim Farmer who died 8 April 1908 granted at Belfast to Martha Baird Married Woman Anne Jane Wilson Eliza Wilson Spinsters and Agnes McCleery Widow.

This Will appears online- click on image once you get results from search page-
https://apps.proni.gov.uk/WillsCalendar_IE/WillsSearch.aspx