Author Topic: Sarah Walker 1817 Cuckney  (Read 1150 times)

Offline bev32

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Sarah Walker 1817 Cuckney
« on: Saturday 13 August 05 14:59 BST (UK) »
Trying to find the parents of my 3xgreatgrandmother Sarah Walker born 1817 Cuckney.

Found her birth on IGI with reference to her Marriage but no parents listed would be grateful if anyone can find who they were.

Many thanks
Bev

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Walker 1817 Cuckney
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 August 05 17:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Bev

Found this on the IGI

Sarah Walker 13 October 1816 William Walker & Elizabeth
 at Cuckney
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bev32

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 August 05 17:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Sunflower

I did see that one on the IGI but was'nt sure if it was here, as just a bit further down the page is a birth for Sarah Walker in 1817 Cuckney,
with the name of my 3xgreatgrandad Richard Merrin as her spouse.

Not sure which one would be right
Bev

Offline katerimmer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 14 August 05 22:53 BST (UK) »
Bev - if there is an entry on the IGI for somebody's birth, but only giving the name of their spouse and not of either parent, then it is just an entry that somebody made up from the information they had about that person and definitely did not come from the parish register of baptisms!  I should think the entry for 1816 will be the right one, but you really need something to confirm it such as her father's name from her marriage cert if she married after the start of civil registration, or perhaps names of witnesses to her marriage, any relatives that were with her on any census...
Kate.
Bristow, Horsleydown; Glasscodine, anywhere; Ferrier, Edinburgh; Lucey, Bermondsey; Horner, Essex; Bowskill, Elkesley; Salter, Great Yarmouth; Vowles, Bedminster/Cardiff; Morgan, Breconshire; Vidgen, New Romney

Offline katerimmer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 14 August 05 23:01 BST (UK) »
If the date of Richard and Sarah's marriage on the IGI is correct -  17 Dec 1838 (but again it is "record submitted by a member of the LDS church") - then you should be able to get the marriage cert and it will give the name and occupation of Sarah's father.  Also her address, which hopefully should help to trace her rellies on the 1841 census!  According to the IGI they married at Halloughton, Nottingham, England, but of course we don't know if this is correct.  Anyway, it should be possible to get the GRO reference for the marriage, and this is what it has on FreeBMD:
Marriages Dec 1838
~~~~~~~~

MERRING  Richard    Southwell  15 1165   
Walker  Sarah     Southwell  15 1165
so you should now be able to get the certificate!  (Halloughton is just outside Southwell.)
Kate.
Bristow, Horsleydown; Glasscodine, anywhere; Ferrier, Edinburgh; Lucey, Bermondsey; Horner, Essex; Bowskill, Elkesley; Salter, Great Yarmouth; Vowles, Bedminster/Cardiff; Morgan, Breconshire; Vidgen, New Romney

Offline bev32

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 14 August 05 23:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate
Thank-you for that info, it is most appreciated i will of course send for the Marriage Cert as soon as i can.
Bev