Author Topic: Tåsjö parish in Sweden  (Read 538 times)

Offline manawakian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tåsjö parish in Sweden
« on: Sunday 27 January 19 12:35 GMT (UK) »
This parish or parts of it seem to have been located in 3 different counties due to county border changes over the years.  what is the gist of the following?

T.o.m. 1863 låg huvuddelen av församlingen i Västernorrlands län. Mindre delar tillhörde Jämtlands och Västerbottens län. 1864 överfördes delarna i Jämtlands och Västerbottens län till Västernorrlands län, vilket medförde att Tåsjö helt kom att tillhöra detta län. 1974 överfördes församlingen till Jämtlands län.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tåsjö parish in Sweden
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 January 19 12:45 GMT (UK) »

T.o.m. 1863 låg huvuddelen av församlingen i Västernorrlands län. Mindre delar tillhörde Jämtlands och Västerbottens län. 1864 överfördes delarna i Jämtlands och Västerbottens län till Västernorrlands län, vilket medförde att Tåsjö helt kom att tillhöra detta län. 1974 överfördes församlingen till Jämtlands län.

Upto 1863 the main parts of Tåsjö Parish were in Västernorrlands County and some parts in Jämtlands and Västerbottens Counties. In 1864 all of Tåsjö Parish belonged to Västernorrlands County.

Ian

Offline Vimto

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 January 19 17:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi, if you get Swedish or other "common" language text, you can easily translate it yourself using free online translation services like Google Translate (although you may have to treat with caution the output but is good at getting the main gist across). Copy and paste or write the text in, specify which language it is (some like Google Translate can detect automatically) and then specify into which language you require it (e.g. English) and hey presto.

Google Translate website is here:

https://translate.google.co.uk/

Using Google Translate and copying in your text, this is what it says:

"Empty. In 1863, the majority of the parish was in Västernorrland County. Smaller parts belonged to Jämtland and Västerbotten County. In 1864, the parts in Jämtland and Västerbotten counties were transferred to the county of Västernorrland, which meant that Tåsjö completely came to belong to this county. In 1974, the congregation was transferred to Jämtland County."

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 January 19 17:34 GMT (UK) »
I like the translation of T.o.m.
"Tom" means empty in Swedish and
"t.o.m" is short for "till och med" meaning up to and including

Ian

Offline Vimto

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 January 19 17:58 GMT (UK) »
That's great. An example of not relying too much on Google.

Offline manawakian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 31 January 19 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, a stationary parish being moved around by county border changes can make it appear there are 3 separate parishes with the same name when searching in the archives.