Author Topic: Leicestershire Parish Map  (Read 1239 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Leicestershire Parish Map
« on: Saturday 02 February 19 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. Is anyone able to send me a printable version of a parish map for Leicestershire, or let me know where I can download a good sized version? I have seen some online but they are either small or require payment.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

Offline macwil

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Leicestershire Parish Map
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 February 19 12:40 GMT (UK) »
Try A Vision of Britain through Time
 info page

This will take you to Parish maps , Leicestershire is first one available to download.
The download comes as a zip file containing a PDF map plus two text files of legal conditions about usage, nothing onerous I hasten to add.
Active links are now (after 13/04/2018) indicated by bold red italics. Just click on them.
The only stupid question is the one not asked

WILSON; Lancs, Lanrks.
BERRY; Lancs.
BORASTON; Salop, Worcs,
TYLER; Salop, Herefords.

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 February 19 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Try A Vision of Britain through Time
 info page

This will take you to Parish maps , Leicestershire is first one available to download.
The download comes as a zip file containing a PDF map plus two text files of legal conditions about usage, nothing onerous I hasten to add.

Thanks for that. I just had a look and it definitely gives me something to work with.

Matt

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 February 19 17:11 GMT (UK) »
If you have access to Ancestry, they have digitised copies of the county parish maps produced by Phillimores - https://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=8830.  Its titled "Great Britain, Atlas and Index of Parish Registers" but the browse option on the right hand side allows you to select each of the county maps showing parishes.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 03 February 19 00:10 GMT (UK) »
If you have access to Ancestry, they have digitised copies of the county parish maps produced by Phillimores - https://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=8830.  Its titled "Great Britain, Atlas and Index of Parish Registers" but the browse option on the right hand side allows you to select each of the county maps showing parishes.

Thanks for that. I'll check it out in the morning.

Matt