Author Topic: Emigration information  (Read 2339 times)

Offline erthomas

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Emigration information
« on: Saturday 13 August 05 19:58 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information about when and how Thomas P. and Agnes T. Semple traveled from Ireland to Scotland and when they left Scotland in 1923 with four of their children.  Does anyone know were I could find information about what ship they were on or the ports that they left from?

Erin
Baggett, Beedon, Boddaugh, Bowman<br />Cain, Cannell, Carpenter, Clague, Cottier, Cowen, Craine, Creer, Cubbon<br />Doyle<br />Hartrick<br />Juke<br />Kaighin<br />McLaughlin, Martin, Moore, Murphy<br />O'Boyle, O'Donnell, Owen(s)<br />Quilliam<br />Radcliffe, Ratzel<br />Semple, Sewell, Shimmin, Snider, Spence, Stevens<br />Taylor, Thomas<br />Walters, Watterson, Wells<br />Younker<br /><br />..............should i continue?  :P

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
Re: Emigration information
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 September 05 08:51 BST (UK) »
Hi

AS Ireland and Scotland were part of the same country, there are no boat records available as it was not emigration.

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

Offline erthomas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 September 05 19:17 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know where i can find information about when and how Agnes and Thomas left Scotland for the U.S.A?  I don't know what port they left from in scotland or where they arived in the states.
Baggett, Beedon, Boddaugh, Bowman<br />Cain, Cannell, Carpenter, Clague, Cottier, Cowen, Craine, Creer, Cubbon<br />Doyle<br />Hartrick<br />Juke<br />Kaighin<br />McLaughlin, Martin, Moore, Murphy<br />O'Boyle, O'Donnell, Owen(s)<br />Quilliam<br />Radcliffe, Ratzel<br />Semple, Sewell, Shimmin, Snider, Spence, Stevens<br />Taylor, Thomas<br />Walters, Watterson, Wells<br />Younker<br /><br />..............should i continue?  :P

Offline Christopher

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 March 08 05:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello Erin,

I've some information re the emigration of Irish people to the other side of the world. Most Irish migrants went from the ports of Belfast, Cork or Derry to either Liverpool or Bristol where they transferred to the ship that would take them to the other side of the world. There were a few ships that offered direct passage from Ireland such as the Menonah and the Adelaide. Click here to see a picture of the Menonah at moorings in Belfast.

Have you looked for Thomas and Agnes on the Scottish Emigration Database on the University of Aberdeen website?  www.abdn.ac.uk/emigration/search.html

Christopher

Offline erthomas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 March 08 07:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the info Christopher, since i posted this i have actually found Agnes' passage to the US with the 4 children into Boston in October of 1923, but Thomas, who came earlier, i still havent found

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 03 March 08 11:25 GMT (UK) »
You might be able to find Thomas leaving the U.K. on www.findmyast.com - you can search the index for free but need to pay to view results.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!