Author Topic: John O'Rourke Incoming UK Passenger, 1899 to 1911  (Read 929 times)

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
John O'Rourke Incoming UK Passenger, 1899 to 1911
« on: Saturday 02 February 19 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Could someone please look for a UK incoming passenger record for a John O'Rourke, between June 1899 and UK census date 1911? His destination would be Ballintur Townland, Killowen, Kilbroney Parish, County Down. He was my grandfather William O'Rourke's cousin and accompanied William to Cleveland, Ohio, in 1899, John having already been in the US.  I have the following information for him, relevant to this time frame:

Departed Liverpool 14 Jun 1899, on the SS Majestic, arrived New York Jun 22, 1899

John O'Rourke, 37, single, laborer, could read and write, nationality: "Irish" overwritten with "citizen", last residence: Ballinatore. destination:  brother on Detroit St, Cleveland, has ticket to destination, carrying more than $30. Have you been in the US before: "Citizen" overwritten with "6 years"

------------
1911 Census, Residents of house number 2 in Ballintur Townland, Co Down
Rourke, Edward, 46, head, farmer
Rourke, John, 50, brother, farm servant
Rourke, William, 48, brother, farm servant
Rourke, Mary, 56, Female, sister, farm servant
Rourke, Annie, 44, Female, sister, farm servant

------------
Superintendent Registrar's District: Kilkeel
Registrar's District: Rostrevor
County Down
Deaths #73
April 28, 1912, Ballintur
John O'Rorke, bachelor farmer of Ballintur, age 52, of malignant tumor of pylorus, 8 months duration. exhaustion. no recent medical attendant. Informant: Mary O'Rorke, sister, of Ballintur, present at death.

I also have his first arrival in 1884, and his naturalization in 1893.
Bonus points :) if you turn him up in 1900 or 1901 anywhere, but beware there were a few John O'Rourkes in Cleveland, all from South Down, and I have probably seen most of them by now.