Author Topic: Arbuckle(s) Crumlin, Antrim County  (Read 2785 times)

Offline jason mac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Arbuckle(s) Crumlin, Antrim County
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 16 March 19 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Your best bet for locating the other baptisms of James and Ann's children may be in the baptismal register for Killead Presbyterian church. 

Other churches in the area would include both the Unitarian church in Crumlin and the Presbyterian church in Crumlin.  However I am not sure if records exist for the Unitarian church.  Dundrod Presbyterian church and Glenavy Church of Ireland would also be possibilities.  You may also be able to trace the church by the marriages of the children.  While it is not a hard and fast rule, I do believe there was a bit of a tradition for marriages to take place in the bride's church.

Offline jason mac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 16 March 19 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Alexander's baptism in the Killead Church of Ireland register was in 1869 not 1864 as stated in my original post.  Date of birth appears to be 5th September 1869 with date of baptism on 10th September 1869.  This ties in with the 1901 census which has an age of 31 for Alexander. 

I didn't note any other Arbuckle baptisms in the Killead Church of Ireland register and given they state their denomination as Presbyterian in the census, I suspect Killead Presbyterian would be the best place to start your search.

Offline wclowater

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Arbuckle(s) Crumlin find, he never to, Antrim County
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 April 19 03:01 BST (UK) »
I received Andrew's Death certificate only find that he never told them his parent's names.  So he is still a brick wall. 

His First son was named after his wife's grand father,  his second son was Albert James, so I don't think he followed and naming convention.. 

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 14 April 19 09:35 BST (UK) »
A transcript of the 1890 marriage notes Andrew's parents as James Arbuckle & Ann Graham, whilst Cora's parents are noted as Augustes -- & Mary Walsh.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 14 April 19 09:46 BST (UK) »
A James Arbuckles, son of a William, married an Anne Graham, daughter of an Andrew at Killead on 16th July 1852, but not yet available to view for free at Irish Genealogy.

Returns Quarter   1
Returns Volume No   1
Returns Page No   57

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline wclowater

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 16 April 19 00:58 BST (UK) »
scotmum,  Thank you, thank you..  I was researching this for my mother.  Sadly yesterday her kidneys stopped functioning, and is in hospice.  She can die any day now...  the doctor did not think she would make it through last night.  Hopefully, I can tell her in the morning, even through she can no longer talk back.. 

Where did you locate the Marriage note?..  as in all my searches I have missed it.  I need to learn more of course, some sites I have not been able to pay to join.  You made my day!

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 27 May 19 10:03 BST (UK) »
Belated reply and sympathy on your loss (which you have mentioned by PM).

I have now sent you a copy of the transcript of the 1890 marriage, as found on Find My Past, and hope this is of help.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 27 May 19 10:23 BST (UK) »
This Search on

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp

should get them up to 1922, those with Page No.s don't have Images yet

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Chameleonman

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 28 June 22 14:53 BST (UK) »
I’m a bit late to this discussion having just found the site. I am the Grandson of Alexander Arbuckle although I was just 5 years old when he died aged 89. James and William are my GGF and GGGF respectively. If I can be of any help  at this late stage please let me know?