Author Topic: Draperstown Presbyterian records (HENDERSON)  (Read 2766 times)

Offline ursularuth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Draperstown Presbyterian records (HENDERSON)
« on: Tuesday 12 February 19 16:33 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for early baptism records from either Draperstown or Tobermore Presbyterian church (abt 1800-civil registration).  I know that some have been transcribed on the Maghera Genealogy site and that the originals are available at Proni but as I can't get to Ireland to look myself, does anyone know if they are available elsewhere on line, or if they are available to buy on fiche/CD as I would English parish records?

Alternatively, if anyone has access to them I would be very grateful for any information on HENDERSON, particularly from Carnamoney/Gortamney.

Many thanks
Ursula

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Draperstown Presbyterian records (HENDERSON)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 February 19 17:01 GMT (UK) »
You may be out of luck  :(

According to PRONI church records PDF

Presbyterian, Draperstown
Baptisms,1837-1947; marriages, 1837-1844 and 1878-1923; session minutes, 1845-86; communicants’ lists, 1871, 1875-9 and 1883.

Presbyterian, Tobermore
Baptisms, 1860-1905; marriages, 1819-1822 and 1845-1918; committee minutes, 1860-1912; session minutes, 1867-1904; communion rolls, 1882-1904.

KG
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline ursularuth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 February 19 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the link and reply, KG.  These records may actually cover most of the dates I'm currently looking at.  Do you know if the records are available to consult anywhere except at GRONI/PRONI?

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 February 19 12:26 GMT (UK) »

Offline elaine keep

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 10 October 19 12:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Ursula, I am looking for the same things!. My maternal grandmothers family were Henderson of Carnamoney Co Londonderry. This is a line of tenant farmers also recorded in the flax growers records of Ulster.
 My Great grandmother was Sarah Jane Drennan who married William Henderson in Draperstown. Presbyterian meeting hall.
I think her family may have been Scottish and they disappear soon after 1911 census.
 Sarah Jane married James Henderson and they are on the 1911 census with lots of children. My grandmother was Minnie Henderson who married John Allen in Belfast. I cant track anything more until 1932 when John Allen had a coal business in Fraser Street. I think my mother was born there- can't find her records either.
 The Ulster covenant is a good way to track people in 1912.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 10 October 19 16:02 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat  :)

The Ulster covenant is a good way to track people in 1912.

Search the Ulster Covenant for both covenant (M) and declaration (F).
https://apps.proni.gov.uk/ulstercovenant/Search.aspx

KG

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 10 October 19 16:35 BST (UK) »

Sarah Jane married James Henderson and they are on the 1911 census with lots of children. My grandmother was Minnie Henderson.................

1911 census
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Carnamoney/Carnamoney/609766/

Is this your Henderson family in the 1901 census?
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Carnamoney/Carnamoney/1543561/

KG

Offline elaine keep

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 10 October 19 16:48 BST (UK) »
yes- I may have got a bit mixed up with the men's names-.