Author Topic: adopted half siblings  (Read 727 times)

Offline Davidl4556

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
adopted half siblings
« on: Saturday 16 February 19 19:14 GMT (UK) »
My wife's DNA test has identified that she has at least one half brother who was seemingly adopted at birth. The DNA test gives a name and area and she has left a message on the DNA test site for him to contact.  A search on 192.com supports someone of that name living in the area. Can anyone suggest how she could get in touch given the sensitivity of the situation?

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: adopted half siblings
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 February 19 19:52 GMT (UK) »
The fact that he has taken a DNA test shows that he is also interested in his origins and may in fact know he was adopted and be using it to find siblings.

I can understand that she is anxious to make contact, but I wouldn't do anything just yet as she has left a message on the site, I would wait a while and see if he responds. By comparing trees it may become obvious to him where the connection is, especially if he knows he was adopted.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 February 19 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Does it say when they last logged in?

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 February 19 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi David and welcome to RootsChat, I agree with Groom, he may need some time to consider what his next step should be.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU