Author Topic: Whitlock baptisms  (Read 678 times)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Whitlock baptisms
« on: Tuesday 26 February 19 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello I am seeking help with finding the baptisms of Ann and Mary Whitlock, both of whom married in Luppitt in 1743. There are no Whitlock baptisms at all that I can see.
I have their marriages and descendants, and am seeking to find their parents. Please post replies to my other thread: https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=808782.0
Thank you.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Whitlock baptisms
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 April 19 03:42 BST (UK) »
An update to my original query.
I have since discovered that Ann and Mary had two more sisters, Grace and Joan.
I have also discovered that their mother was Hannah Whitlock, described in a will as "singlewoman ". So not sure if the girls were illegitimate, or possibly surrogates. Joan did not marry, and the other three all married well.
It is possible that they may have been baptized in Dunkeswell, as their records are not online.

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 April 19 04:50 BST (UK) »
They married as Whitelock in 1743

26.10. William Palmer = Ann Whitelock.
26.12. Richard Harward = Mary Whitelock.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 April 19 05:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks, solidrock. I should have mentioned that. They are referred to as Whitlock in two wills where they are beneficiaries of property. Joan and their mother Hannah are buried as Whitlock too in Luppitt.