Author Topic: Unwanted heirlooms  (Read 5968 times)

Offline sudeeb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Unwanted heirlooms
« on: Thursday 28 February 19 12:42 GMT (UK) »
Box of letters,memorium cards and photos relating to the Simmonds family who lived in Forest Hill, Ealing and London from 1900 onwards. Reuben H Simmonds,a Seargeant Drummer in the London Scottish Regiment, had a son Ronald and a daughter Dorothy.  These are her artifacts. She was a piano teacher in South Ruislip. Other relations mentioned are Marianne Lee, d 1916, Sara Simmonds d 1929, Catherine Ward d 1921, Reuben Simmonds d 1942, Theodore Braddon Ward d 1875, Ronald Harry Simmonds d 1960, Theodore Braddon Ward d 1903, Bertha Simmonds d 1920 Sawbridgeworth churchyard, Annie Elizabeth Evans d 1915 Hornchurch, Ellen Sophia Simmonds d 1938 Sawbridgeworth churchyard and Edwin Holman son of Mr W & F Holman 1868.  These are all on memorium cards. There is also a theatre card from the London Palladium from a relative Donald Stuart. I would be happy to pass on these items toanyone who has any of there relatives in their family tree

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
Re: Unwanted heirlooms
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 February 19 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Greetings, and a warm welcome to Rootschat.

I don't have any interest in these heirlooms, but I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time and trouble to find a good home for them.

Philip
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 February 19 19:43 GMT (UK) »
A tree on Ancestry has many of the names mentioned.  I’ve sent them a link to your post.

Offline sudeeb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 March 19 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Philip for your kind reply, and also thank you to Mckha489 for sending the link to my post.  Hope i manage to give them to a good home
best wishes
sudeeb