Author Topic: Family Tree Maker - Place names  (Read 963 times)

Offline Sutherland74

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Family Tree Maker - Place names
« on: Saturday 02 March 19 09:37 GMT (UK) »
On the basis that there is no such thing as a daft question I'll ask this one. A lot of my ancestors were baptised/married in the Catholic Church. However on the various baptismal and marriage certificates the location of the event doesn't always mention that is a Catholic Church. Some just say Church, some just say Chapel. Some have different names for the same place eg Sacred Heart Church/Sacred Heart RC Church). So if I enter on FTM the place of the event per the certificate and then wish to do a search in the "Find" box in the Places Workspace for all those Catholic events I would have to search for both Church and Chapel. In strict terms must I enter the place as shown on the certificate or can I adjust the location name to always include the word Catholic and therefore make my searches simpler?
Quinn, McDermott, McGuigan, Toal, Wright, Kerr, O'Hara, Smith, McCrea, McKAy, Cunningham, MacFarlane, Mairs, Cassidy, Copeland, Lamond, Brannan, McHendrie, Clark, Strachan, Dollan, McCOig, McCardle, Welsh

Offline C P Rayson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Family Tree Maker - Place names
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 March 19 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Can I suggest that where it is known to be a Roman Catholic Church to just add a marker to the end of the entry e.g. (RC)

This would give you a searchable phrase

Regards
Chris
Rayson, Anywhere

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sutherland74

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Family Tree Maker - Place names
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 March 19 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Can I suggest that where it is known to be a Roman Catholic Church to just add a marker to the end of the entry e.g. (RC)

This would give you a searchable phrase

Regards
Chris

Thanks Chris good suggestion.
Quinn, McDermott, McGuigan, Toal, Wright, Kerr, O'Hara, Smith, McCrea, McKAy, Cunningham, MacFarlane, Mairs, Cassidy, Copeland, Lamond, Brannan, McHendrie, Clark, Strachan, Dollan, McCOig, McCardle, Welsh