Author Topic: Looking for divorce Between Parsons and Hodgkins .  (Read 3726 times)

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for divorce Between Parsons and Hodgkins .
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 07 March 19 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi lidybut
I am pleased that we have been able to help you on this. It does look as though you have been on the right track, and I hope that the marriage certificate will also help when it comes. Although if Mary was committing bigamy, we can't really predict exactly what info she might have given!

I didn't see Mary in Woodshaw, but I didn't have time to look at all years. I will recheck. Albert was there in 1959. Mill Hill was right, but have you got any other possible addresses she might have lived? The post war Leicester electoral registers are not indexed.

It looks like Mary's sister Alice died in Leicester in 1954, so you probably won't remember her. But I guess that Mary (and Albert?) went to Leicester because Alice and her mother were there (I don't know about the other family members)

As your dad was in a children's home, I wondered if perhaps Arthur Taylor had died, but it's such a common name that it might be a hard job to find out when. And there is a married Mary Taylor with the right birth date in 1939, but not with family. Thus I don't know if it's the right one.

I can't advise much about your photos, I have never put one on here and the only attachments I have added were done with some difficulty!
Perhaps you could try it out with just the penny first, and see how it goes?
Good luck.
John

Offline lidybut

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for divorce Between Parsons and Hodgkins .
« Reply #37 on: Friday 08 March 19 16:46 GMT (UK) »
When Mary died, Dad went to Woodshaw Rise Dad went to the property and took some items, one including a picture what I wanted when dad got home he started to clean it and the back came away, there was a news paper cutting, the cutting was about a bigamist who it was I'm not sure, the way my parents was talking it was Granny(Mary?) Taylor. I have also a box of army badges  .Found my parent's marriage certificate July 2nd 1949 says Arthur Taylor under the name for his father name and surname  and something in brackets looks like (uc) I gave all the information I have with names and addresses .Many thanks for all your time X
Hodgkins Dudley. Parsons Warwickshire ?  Taylor Leicester .Arthur Taylor Leicestershire.