Author Topic: Thomas Clarke b. 1870 Raphoe Donegal  (Read 380 times)

Offline Aspen

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Clarke b. 1870 Raphoe Donegal
« on: Friday 08 March 19 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Looking for some help for Thomas Clarke. He was born in Milltown Raphoe Donegal in 1870. His parents were Alexander Clarke and Frances Spence. She was known as Fanny.
Thomas was not in Donegal in 1901. Thomas married and had two sons and one daughter. I can't find a marriage in Ireland or Scotland for him. I have looked at the Scottish census to see if I could find something there, but nothing to say it is him. He may have died in 1935, but I cannot be sure that information is correct. He may have been living in the Maryhill area.
As I don't have a spouse, I cannot look for children. I did try and opened a couple of birth certs to find they were completely wrong.
Thomas was one of six children and I have completed the others.
Regards
Aspen
Spence from Raphoe, Donegal, Ireland.
Hamilton from Donegal, Ireland

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Clarke b. 1870
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 March 19 22:38 GMT (UK) »
Thomas married and had two sons and one daughter.

Do you know their names/birthyears?  Have you tried searching SP for them?

Thomas was not in Donegal in 1901.

What about the 1911 Irish census?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Aspen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Clarke b. 1870
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 March 19 22:51 GMT (UK) »
The only information I have for Thomas is his birth 1870 and nothing after that. I was given some family history as his brother went to the USA. Letter were sent and from the letters, only about 4 of them remain, states that Thomas was marrying a girl his mother did not approve of. He left to go to Scotland. I have tried to find the marriage, either in Ireland or Scotland. Nothing found so far. In one of letters says he had two sons and one daughter, no names for them or the wife. It states in one letter in 1921 that he was living in the Maryhill area. Another letter says that his son contacted the family in Donegal 1935 to tell of his death. I have checked so many death, I think more than 6 to find they weren't his. I did open a couple of birth certs, again wrong. The letter in 1936 stated that she now is the only one of the family living, she died in 1956. I have al the other death certs, 1915, 1921, 1936, 1936 and 1956 but nothing for Thomas.

Offline Aspen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Clarke b. 1870 Raphoe Donegal
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 March 19 10:52 GMT (UK) »
I have found the information for Thomas Clarke. He died 1930 and it was spelt Clark. Now I can move on as I have his wife's name as well.
Thank you for the help and taking the time to reply.
Regards
Aspen