Author Topic: Francis Beckwith  (Read 679 times)

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Francis Beckwith
« on: Thursday 28 March 19 06:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi!
    Can anyone help with any of the following?

I have Francis Beckwith who married Dorothea Bickerdike on 9th September 1599 at Farnham. Dorothea was baptised at Farnham on 4th June 1578, daughter of Barnard Bickerdike.

Francis and Dorothea had the following issue:

Luce (Lucy) Beckwith baptised 24th March 1602/3 Masham

Alice Beckwith baptised Jan 1604/5 Masham

Thomas Beckwith baptised 12th October 1606 Masham

Francis Beckwith baptised 12th October 1606 Masham

Francis Beckwith was buried at Whitby on 21st December 1616. His daughter Alice Beckwith married John Patteson at Whitby on 24th August 1631.

There is a Luce Beckwith who married George Steele at Masham on 25th September 1599 who may be a relation to Francis?

Any help very much appreciated! :)

Offline Malcolm33

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Beckwith
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 March 19 06:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi!
    Can anyone help with any of the following?

I have Francis Beckwith who married Dorothea Bickerdike on 9th September 1599 at Farnham. Dorothea was baptised at Farnham on 4th June 1578, daughter of Barnard Bickerdike.

Francis and Dorothea had the following issue:

Luce (Lucy) Beckwith baptised 24th March 1602/3 Masham

Alice Beckwith baptised Jan 1604/5 Masham

Thomas Beckwith baptised 12th October 1606 Masham

Francis Beckwith baptised 12th October 1606 Masham

Francis Beckwith was buried at Whitby on 21st December 1616. His daughter Alice Beckwith married John Patteson at Whitby on 24th August 1631.

There is a Luce Beckwith who married George Steele at Masham on 25th September 1599 who may be a relation to Francis?

Any help very much appreciated! :)

I have quite an interest in the Beckwith family though have never traced them that far back even though they were thought to have arrived in or near to Shotley Bridge from Germany around 1588.

I saw a medium at the instigation of my daughter in 1988 and her first words were that I was doing my Family Tree and that she was getting the name 'Beckwith'.   At that time I had no idea that there was any connection to that name and shrugged it off as either the Beckwith Institute in York or perhaps getting Babworth, Notts wrong.

It was only two or three years ago that I found links through two different marriages to the Beckwiths of Shotley Bridge.    Extremely interesting as one was a General George Beckwith who was in the American Revolutionary Wars and there were at least 5 British Generals name Beckwith.

I have quite a file and extracts from books about these Beckwiths which I could send by email so will send you a quick email.

Malcolm
Hutton: Eccleshill,Queensbury
Grant: Babworth,Chinley
Draffan: Lesmahagow,Douglas,Coylton, Consett
Oliver: Tanfield, Sunderland, Consett
Proudlock: Northumberland
Turnbull:Northumberland, Durham
Robson:Sunderland, Northumberland
Dent: Dufton, Arkengarthdale, Hunstanworth
Currie: Coylton
Morris and Hurst: East Retford, Blyth, Worksop
Elliot: Castleton, Hunstanworth, Consett